Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scoobydoo

New super penn retails at $659-699??? Smallest version weighs in at 19.9oz

Rate this topic

210 posts in this topic

I could be wrong but even with the bailess kit it doesn't seem to have any mentioned features to make it surfworthy, especially at that price tag.

Although I do take my original comments back with the better photo quality it does have a nice look to it.

the price tag a little high for a reel who knows how is gonna work confused.gif , no Bailess??

I was waiting for this but with a price range $400 to $500. well think I'm keeping my VS and ZB.

View Postthe price tag a little high for a reel who knows how is gonna work confused.gif , no Bailess??

I was waiting for this but with a price range $400 to $500. well think I'm keeping my VS and ZB.

mentions a dual pick up kit will be available.

View Postthe price tag a little high for a reel who knows how is gonna work confused.gif , no Bailess??

The 100% stainless steel bail features a unique system under the rotor where the angler can choose between automatic or manual trip at the touch of a switch. A dual arm bail-less kit is available for those who prefer the more traditional style.

View Postthe conquer looks sweet with the hatch, and the body is twice as hard as titanium alloy? cwm40.gif

I don't think so. It is just the spool lip not the body.

"found only on this reel is the spool lip design with Eternal Alloyâ„¢ construction, incorporating strength and hardness twice that of titanium alloy."

View PostI don't think so. It is just the spool lip not the body.

"found only on this reel is the spool lip design with Eternal Alloyâ„¢ construction, incorporating strength and hardness twice that of titanium alloy."

you are right, i was reading to fast.

View PostI could be wrong but even with the bailess kit it doesn't seem to have any mentioned features to make it surfworthy, especially at that price tag.

What else would you be looking for? Completely sealed and bailess for those that want it.

View PostI could be wrong but even with the bailess kit it doesn't seem to have any mentioned features to make it surfworthy, especially at that price tag.

Although I do take my original comments back with the better photo quality it does have a nice look to it.

It's a offshore reel i.e. meant for the boaters. Just to give a quick comparison by reel mass:

The lightest Torque weighs in at 19.9oz

Biggest Zeebaas weighs in at 19.9oz

I'll say it again, the Torque reel is meant for the offshore/boating anglers. However, this has not stopped anglers in the past from putting other boat reels on surf rods i.e. the larger Stellas.tongue.gif

Atleast it's made in the US. Maybe in another 20 years, Penn will create a US made reel for the surf market - I can dream at least.