Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WackinEm

part time/displaced troll membership?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

wondering if the fact that im currently stationed in kentucky disqualifies me to be a troll. i grew up in worcester, fishing the canal with my old man as often as we could. since i joined the service i still try to make it up there at least 3 or 4 times a year, although last year was a wash out as i was deployed. so if thats not an issue, i would love to call myself a troll

haha i guess its a good thing im active duty then. as for what im doing in KY, im an infantryman with the 101st airborne division at ft campbell kentucky. beleive it or not they have stripers down here, not quite the same though

11C FDC computer, HHC 4/17th, 7th ID Light. 81mm ground mounted. When I was in we had Jeeps, real jeeps, and then we got the Hummers when they were brandy new! You should have seen people on coastal route 1 in California in 1985 get out of the way of a hummer back then!

What gun are you on?

View Post11C FDC computer, HHC 4/17th, 7th ID Light. 81mm ground mounted. When I was in we had Jeeps, real jeeps, and then we got the Hummers when they were brandy new! You should have seen people on coastal route 1 in California in 1985 get out of the way of a hummer back then!

What gun are you on?

A 3-502, 120mm ground mounted, base gun gunner last deployment, now check computer for FDC, until someone senior comes along then its back to the gun line. we use hmmwvs with trailers, and i imagine the site in cali in 85 is pretty similar to people getting out of the way of hummers in baghdad today lol. i feel for you being FDC with plotting boards. i can use them, but i love our new handheld computers, they do all the work for you haha

Good stuff, you're bringing back a lot of memories. (mainly of just how old I'm gettingcwm13.gif)

Just as I was getting out in 88 we started with the handhelds. They made it a lot easier, and smaller than the plotting boards. I bet those units are long gone and you're on to a newer, smaller version of them by now.

Glad to hear high angle hell still rules the infantry! Shoot a message when you're in town next time, maybe we can drag a jig through the ditch and you can make me feel even olderredface.gif.

View PostGood stuff, you're bringing back a lot of memories. (mainly of just how old I'm gettingcwm13.gif)

Just as I was getting out in 88 we started with the handhelds. They made it a lot easier, and smaller than the plotting boards. I bet those units are long gone and you're on to a newer, smaller version of them by now.

Glad to hear high angle hell still rules the infantry! Shoot a message when you're in town next time, maybe we can drag a jig through the ditch and you can make me feel even olderredface.gif.

sorry but i cant resist this...you got out of the service in 88...i was born in 89 biggrin.gif haha but ill be in town 4th of july weekend, ill pm you if im headed to the ditch