Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FenderBender

Another car dealer ploy - Have you seen this before?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I just noticed plastic license plate frames on my wifes's car that were not there before. cwm13.gif Apparently the dealer that does periodic maintenance on the car decided they would just go ahead and screw on frames advertising their business without consulting the owner. beatin.gifbeatin.gif What the EFF? Is that legal? headscratch.gif At least they should ask first and offer compensation. Me and the service manager are gonna have a talk before the next PM. argue.gif

Go back and complain "work not authorized".

Don't you have to sign something saying what the work to be preformed is?

Someone has altered the appearance of your car.

Is any of the plate data blocked in any way?

I had this happen at a competing dealer from the one I bought the truck at. I didn't mind advertising the first dealer but the 2nd dealer license frame came off the first time I saw it since I never asked for it. Thankfully the 2nd dealer never replaced it.

the dealer who I bought my truck from put his plate holder on it. The inspection was done the first year by the dealer. The second year I tok it some were else and I got a big red reject sticker because it was on there.

I've heard of this before. Illegal? Probably not. Shady? Absolutely.

We've actually had customers come in and request replacement frames because they had their car serviced at another dealer (usually out of state) and then realized they had switched them. Pretty skeevy.

I've never understood why people take their vehicles to the dealer for routine service to start with? headscratch.gif

You put your wallet on the service manager's desk and say, "here, screw me".

Find a good shop that keeps computerized records and have routine service done there--only warranty service should be done at a dealer. You haven't been required to have dealer service done to maintain a warranty for over 30 years. Your shop's records are proof of having service done at required intervals.

The Service Department is the biggest money maker on a dealer's lot. They make much more from that than they do on car sales.

View PostI've never understood why people take their vehicles to the dealer for routine service to start with? headscratch.gif

You put your wallet on the service manager's desk and say, "here, screw me".

Find a good shop that keeps computerized records and have routine service done there--only warranty service should be done at a dealer. You haven't been required to have dealer service done to maintain a warranty for over 30 years. Your shop's records are proof of having service done at required intervals.

The Service Department is the biggest money maker on a dealer's lot. They make much more from that than they do on car sales.

It's true. But stop telling people this or I'll be looking for a new job in no time. beatin.gifbiggrin.gif