NSsurfrat

Free NYC Reservoir Fishing Permit

17 posts in this topic

Does anbody know the link for where to obtain these. Looking to do some trout fishing through the summer on some of the watershed up in wetschester and putnam( croton river sections, kensico,amawalk, new croton reservoir, ect.) Also, after i get the permit is there any way to launch an inflatable w/trolling motor onto the reservoirs without getting a permit to keep a boat on the resivoir?? If so which ones?? tHanx alot in advancebiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You can get one from the NY DEC website... You can register online and print it out with no wait. I dont have the link but if you search the website it will driect you to the registration page. You will the get the reservoir fishing permit as well as a parking permit which you must have. You can print them both on the spot and you are good to go.

Print this out and mail it in you will be check out by the FBI. Rowing only no motors I have a boat on the Croton for 16 years now...and I work for DEP
I stayed in a Holiday Inn express. Thats a guest permit not an access permit. Here's a link to the online permit. You print it out after you fill it in and you'll be good to go right away.

http://a826-web01.nyc.gov/recpermitapp/

View PostI stayed in a Holiday Inn express. Thats a guest permit not an access permit. Here's a link to the online permit. You print it out after you fill it in and you'll be good to go right away.

http://a826-web01.nyc.gov/recpermitapp/

I'm happy you had a nice stay post # 3 keep up the good work....Thats got to be new and I still don;t think you can walk right on...

Eddie

Eddie, make those guys let us put kayaks on instead of the darn rowboats!!! I'd love to paddle the ashokan. I live across the street. Scott

checked by the FBI??? thats funny, they must have a faster link seeing as you can print out the permit online, scott NYC DEP IS allowing kayaks and other recreactional boats on cannonsville, I'm amazed that kayak/canoe clubs in other parts of the watershed havent raised hell about it not being wide open to any of our reservoirs

recent press release http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/pre.../09-05pr.shtml

also wait time is NOT 8-10 weeks, again, you can print it right out

View Postchecked by the FBI??? thats funny, they must have a faster link seeing as you can print out the permit online, scott NYC DEP IS allowing kayaks and other recreactional boats on cannonsville, I'm amazed that kayak/canoe clubs in other parts of the watershed havent raised hell about it not being wide open to any of our reservoirs

recent press release http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/pre.../09-05pr.shtml

also wait time is NOT 8-10 weeks, again, you can print it right out

WEASLE I Just read it this is all new...

Ed

View PostEddie, make those guys let us put kayaks on instead of the darn rowboats!!! I'd love to paddle the ashokan. I live across the street. Scott

I wish but I just see now the there letting anyone on with anything all new ****...

Eddie

Fan-Damn-Tastic!!! I'd pay to be on there for an annual pass. I'd also pay to have the kayak steam cleaned. I'd have one permanently there if that's what they wanted. These huge "natural" resources closed off for community use. How do they do it all out west? Let's hope the people that use it are responsible and set a good example for other so we all get the same experience. Scott

I'm happy you had a nice stay post # 3 keep up the good work....Thats got to be new and I still don;t think you can walk right on...

Thats all I could manage, I don't work for the DEP.

View PostI'm happy you had a nice stay post # 3 keep up the good work....Thats got to be new and I still don;t think you can walk right on...

Eddie

lol yeah new, about 3-4 years new

(*edited - it is dangerous to post such personal information online Joe - this is not the NY state website where you can get permits, this is a fishing website where people are talking about the permits :) TimS)

Permit is free.You also can print it instantly from DEP website . Kensico , Cross River is a best now for trout .www.westchesterfishing.com forum has everything on fishing , regulations , recent catch , how to catch ect. on fishing on reservoirs follow the the link join discussion .

Good luck fishing !

Does anbody know the link for where to obtain these. Looking to do some trout fishing through the summer on some of the watershed up in wetschester and putnam( croton river sections, kensico,amawalk, new croton reservoir, ect.) Also, after i get the permit is there any way to launch an inflatable w/trolling motor onto the reservoirs without getting a permit to keep a boat on the resivoir?? If so which ones?? tHanx alot in advancebiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif