Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Dad

Facebook

Rate this topic

109 posts in this topic

I may give it a go...but I'm leaving out the high school etc because I don't need any old baggage coming my way.

Figured being I've bashed it here so much I may as well make the announcement cwm27.gif

Dad's about to enter the 21st centry...or at least test out the waters.

I didn't want to do it either, then pleasantly surprised at who was on there. A couple old friends I'd never have been able to track down otherwise. It's already resulted in a couple extra fishing trips this year.

Don't add the wife as a friend. My buddy did & all the other wives bust on him for itbiggrin.gif

View PostI just started facebook a couple of weeks ago.I like it so far.

me too even though i said i would not do it, i have actually re-met a lots of folks I know.

View PostJeez Dad cwm13.gif

networking, and reading other fisherpeoples stuff....note the "I left off my highschool" part of the thread

that's great for some people but i'm not looking to revive any long dead friendships etc (ie or worse)...

View Postfacebook = cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif

it's all about twitter now.

i'm on there too now...moves kinda quick for my style but found some neat websites that people have on there

View PostAh ha....another convert. DO NOT....I repeat, DO NOT add the MafiaWars or FarmTown application unless you like to waste a lot of time.cwm27.gif

Bejeweled blitz is a great time waster too...

View Postbut I'm leaving out the high school etc because I don't need any old baggage coming my way.

Probably a good idea! I had my privacy level so high I didn't show up even if you searched my full name. If you saw a pic of me on a friends profile you couldn't even click on my name to send a friend request. One day I decided I wonder what will happen if I turn the settings off. I got 5 or 6 friend requests a day for a few weeks! cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif All these people I haven't seen for 10 or 15 years.. Sorta good for a few old friends but I find myself clicking "Ignore" fairly often. Maybe that makes me a deck head but oh well. Oh and all the interns at work are my "friends" giggidy giggidy wink.gif