Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ehunter

Fish aerator

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Where is a good place to buy a fish aerator on last second notice? You know, one of those battery operated things that puts bubbles into your bucket to keep the anchovies alive?

My friend seems to think Walmart but is not sure.

I can probably get one at Hi's but dont know how long they are open tonight...

View PostWhere is a good place to buy a fish aerator on last second notice? You know, one of those battery operated things that puts bubbles into your bucket to keep the anchovies alive?

My friend seems to think Walmart but is not sure.

I can probably get one at Hi's but dont know how long they are open tonight...

go to sports authority, they have one from Frabil that is a little spendy (24.00), but very quiet and very nice. BTW, good luck iwth the anchovies, those things die if you just look at them wrong.

I was astonished that they were selling the aerator with 2 and 5 gallon buckets.

Price for the aerator was $24

Price with a 2 gal bucket was $30 (rounded)

Price with a 5 gal bucket was $50

So do the math. They are charging $26 for a "Home Depot like" 5 gal bucket with yellow flip open top.

At Homies you can buy the 5gal bucket for $4 then the top costs $6 separate.

What a rip.

Monterey bait shop in Oakland use to sell the Danielson model. Check local bait and tackle shop. Also some drug stores that sell rods and reels can have them.

west marine buy a bilge pump and some pvc tubing to spray the water over your bait and connect it in your icechest as its insulated get some aligator clips to connect to your batt and away you go

I am going to go in and look. Will have a good laugh with that shop being right under my nose.

Anyway, I returned from my outing last night and the trip was fairly productive.

Will post pics on the other thread.

Marine Metal products rule, I rotate 6 Big Bubbles, and they've lasted for years. $19.99, the on/off switch always gives out, but I just bypass the switch and hotwire it. When you are done with it, just take out both batteries. Make sure you wipe it down with a wet paper towel after each use and it will last forever.