Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
islander77

tossed from a spot

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Ok so hopefully this isnt gonna raise the flag but was fishing last night from a place in weekapaug and was told no one can fish there any morefrown.gif due to issues having come up.... I have been fishing there a long time, and according to one loudmouth "looking like a tourist" but thats a whole nother issue he and i will get cleared up... but just could not believe that they say you cant fish there and thats that.... well guesse thats all part of that golden rule thing... he who has the gold makes the rules... lol

don't feel bad..Last week myself and 3 other SOL guys were tossed from 2 different spots in the same night by the same pesky pig2.gif I didn't even have my white bucket!beers.gif

View PostSPOTBURNER!!! beatin.gif READ THE RULES!!!

LOLLLL wink.gifbiggrin.gifcwm27.gif

FYI: ^^^is not funny. If you don't like the rules, don't post here. Mocking them isn't going to work. I'm all for being funny, up to the point where you end up derailing every thread in a ridiculous failed attempt at humor, then it's gotta stop - thanks HappyWave.gif

TimS

I guess my question is, was it because you were illegally parked, trespassing across private property, or simply fishing on a spot below mean high water and used a public way to water to get there? If it was just the last one, then the "tourist" was full of BS. The problem is, the squeaky wheel often gets the grease. Who're the cops going to respond to more quickly: the irate "tourist" screaming repeatedly over the phone or your legitimate reading of access regulations for fishing?

-bd

View PostOk so hopefully this isnt gonna raise the flag but was fishing last night from a place in weekapaug and was told no one can fish there any morefrown.gif due to issues having come up.... I have been fishing there a long time, and according to one loudmouth "looking like a tourist" but thats a whole nother issue he and i will get cleared up... but just could not believe that they say you cant fish there and thats that.... well guesse thats all part of that golden rule thing... he who has the gold makes the rules... lol

View PostFYI: ^^^is not funny. If you don't like the rules, don't post here. Mocking them isn't going to work. I'm all for being funny, up to the point where you end up derailing every thread in a ridiculous failed attempt at humor, then it's gotta stop - thanks HappyWave.gif

TimS

AMEN

ok answer to all of this it was a set of docks with moon tide way over greenwich mean high lol and crmc says you can not own anything over water so private property my azz.... its some one with to much cash complaining... and yes that darter is amazing surf sharpie its a tattoo sqid one... thing has more action then a brothel outside a navy base when a boat comes back from deployment.... lol

Soco used to be a great place to fish,unfortunately there's only one hard side left,and it's a zoo.frown.gif

What can you do ? can't beat embeatin.gif

can't argue with emargue.gif

all you can do is getmad.giffrown.gifuntilwaaah.giforcwm8.gif

beers.gif

Yea the other side is good to but I like to be there and throw across and let it drift up or down along other side Bobby... Just sucks thats all, I have a major issue with the guys down there after my truck got broke into and ransacked down at the F D beach parking lot last fall... 7 westerly cops later 2 scum bags in cruisers... Was funny though watching the pd chase them boys all over weekapaug... the 2 guys were on one of those cheap 250 ebay quads... like the ones at pep-boys... lmao

View Postok answer to all of this it was a set of docks with moon tide way over greenwich mean high lol and crmc says you can not own anything over water so private property my azz.... its some one with to much cash complaining... and yes that darter is amazing surf sharpie its a tattoo sqid one... thing has more action then a brothel outside a navy base when a boat comes back from deployment.... lol

I believe I know where you were fishing and am posting on the assumption I do. I am familiar with the security patrols and they are very visible in that area and are there to protect the property owners in that location. That's what they are hired to do.

I think if you operate on the assumption that because a dock is "over the water" it can't be private property and you have a right to be there, you might be regular and consistent source of threads about being the victim of "some one with too much cash complaining"... whatever that means. Personally, I try and respect private property and the result has been that in the off tourist season I have been allowed to park and walk places that are privately owned. I don't share the locations with anyone I don't know very well because I am concerned that folks who think the way you seem to think will screw it up for me. I know that this may not set well, but it's how I feel and it's working for me. There are a lot of places that are truly private property that have remained open to me and others because when the owners are around, I don't challenge them and I do ask permission and I make sure that they know that I know it's their right to exclude me from access if they choose to. Consequently in the off season, I am left alone. I am very aware that this could change if enough folks challenge them during the summer months and that access can be closed year round if they get po'd.

To think that because a dock is over the water and therefore below the mean high tide mark, it is part of public water access is, in the words the fellow in the photo posted... "Laughable, man... laughable." It's also incorrect.