Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Gringo

I Give Up

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I'm on my third Plano tackle box. The first two were great...both around 20 years old, and still perfectly usable.

And then there's #3.mad.gif I bought it two years ago, just because I got the itch...y'all know the drill. It seemed flimsy in the store, but drawing on the track records of nos 1&2, I bought it, anyway. It was a Plano, so it had to be good.

No, it didn't. It's flimsy. The trays are not well supported. The pieces aren't securely fastened...they snap together like Leggos (not a fair comparison,,,the toys are better built.) It's a POS.

I just re-commissioned #2, which will probably outlast me.

Shame on you, Plano.beatin.gif

I agree, very disappointing when companies do this. I understand that they need to produce cheaper products to compete in some areas but why not run the original quality product as a premium product with price to match.

I assume you're talking about actual tackle boxes. Look like little tool boxes, with 2 or more staggered trays that fold out as you open?

Always found these to be great when I did 99% freshwater fishing. Also had plano, probably not as old as yours, but my first was probably 1988 or so. Once I went to the multi-bin "trays" and any method of carrying them, NEVER went back to boxes. Just my $.02. Also never, ever, ever liked the double-side see-through boxes.

View PostFalcon

Made by Plano. Picked up a sweet bag at the outlet store for my smb fishing. It has a nifty spinnerbait/buzzbait box, jerkbait box, topwater box, termminal tackle box, plenty of pockets for plastics. It is very solidly constructed and well thought out.

View PostI assume you're talking about actual tackle boxes. Look like little tool boxes, with 2 or more staggered trays that fold out as you open?

Yes, those are the ones. The models being made today are not useful or functional, at any price. I won't have another, even if they give them away.

I do have a couple of the smaller bags w/pull-out boxes, one for my yak, and one for packing in/ pond hopping, but I need one of the larger hard boxes to house all of my accumulated impedementia.redface.gifredface.gif

Thanks for the replies.smile.gif

View PostYes, those are the ones. The models being made today are not useful or functional, at any price. I won't have another, even if they give them away.

I do have a couple of the smaller bags w/pull-out boxes, one for my yak, and one for packing in/ pond hopping, but I need one of the larger hard boxes to house all of my accumulated impedementia.redface.gifredface.gif

Thanks for the replies.smile.gif

I've noticed a different quality in there trays too. The ones that come in some of there large soft sided bags have Maroon colored snaps, they basically don't even work. I replaced them all with the trays with Blue snaps that still seem ok.

Impedimenta icon25.gifbeatin.gif. I had to look it up redface.gif.