Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cityhunter

Parks epoxy yak!

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I would wait it out and see how it comes out. Let them spin and check them in the morning. Worst case just recoat them. I use it and like it alot. I prefer it over anything else I've tried.

hi, if its dripping all over the place you are putting too much on at once smile.gif use a clean acid brush pull on the hair to get any loose hair from the brush then put on even coat, it will smooth right out and be uniform.

ps, you must mix parks 3-4 min do not rush this step .

make sure to blow your breath on the plug while turning it to get the air bubbles out. good luck smile.gif and it is a great product like any thing else you have to get used to it. Tight Lines!!!

HELLO THE GREEK HappyWave.gif

View PostYea I guess so , I mixed for 3-4 brushed fine ! I can`t see why itis not setting up even alittle in 2 hours?

I believe this and envirotex are similar products and envirotex sets up in a few hours. I would keep waiting. My guess is your putting on way to much. Thin coat os all you need. If you want put on a second.

Hey Bob. Hope all is well with you.

When you say setting up do you mean getting hard? I have found that I am able to remove imperfections like bubbles, missed spots, and other stuff hours after I coated them. I coat the plug, run my heat gun over it lightly and I am usually good to go. It will still be slightly tacky in the morning. I would leave them on the spinner then see what they look like tommorrow. I also think you put it on a bit thick. I go thick, thicker than most do and have my spinner set up to do the plugs in a manner that they spin almost end over end. This is the only way I have been able to go thick with the epoxy and not get high spots or spots where the epoxy wants to settle at.

I also use a small piece of wire as a whisk in a hand drill to mix my epoxy. I do not worry about bubbles as they come right out with a wave of the heat gun. Mix well and try to keep them warm.

I`m not to thick its about 1/64th . It is now the next day and still dripping alittle tacky but mostly wet! I think I my have gotten a bad batch , like a winter shippment ! I have used others with no problem !

Ok let`s go step by step to make sure i`m not insane!

1. Added both together equal amounts by needle tube.

2. Mixed (well) for 4mins .

3. Used acid brush coated thin ( i`m not a heavy coater) I most of the time coat it a 2nd time 48hrs later.

4. Put on spinner ( not to fast not to slow compaired with other products I have used) .

5. Results , would not stop running off for about 6hrs. The next day just starting to tak up still mostly wet than tacky. Looks like it just stopped dripping!

There is something either wrong with the product or me , if it were me I would admit it i`m open to all shoulda woulda coulda`s but I can`t fine any thing wrong with my steps!

hi, to be honest with you it really sounds like either its too hot where you are coating 70-75 degrees is perfect temp.

or sorry to say you are putting to much on at one time wink.gif light coats are best .

or a bad batch unless you mixed the same bottle twice ??

just thought of something what is the diameter of your spinner if your too close to the center or a small spinner that may make it sag and run i coat 15 to 20 at a time on a 24'' wheel. on the outside of the wheel.

give the manufacture a call ?? phone # should be on the box see if they can help ?

the only reason i say that you are putting too much on is i have coated alot of plugs and dont have that problem. only if i put it on too heavy then i just wipe some off with brush and spin.

also the greek said he has no issues too smile.gif

Try mixing another small batch and coat a flat piece of wood or whatever. Wait the appropriate time to see it cures. If it does, or does not, you an answer to the probable cause.