Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danflytr

Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

When logging into the SOL forum or any branch of it, I keep getting add popups. It takes three times as long to get to the page as anywhere else on the internet! I know that Tim S. advertises with popups on the upper right hand corner of the page. This just started happening about a week ago. I am getting a ad that show ad22@doubleclick.net that shows up. I was going to PM you Tim S. I forgot how to do that. So I decided to post this and see if any other members are experiencing this and if so just accept it.

View PostWhen logging into the SOL forum or any branch of it, I keep getting add popups. It takes three times as long to get to the page as anywhere else on the internet! I know that Tim S. advertises with popups on the upper right hand corner of the page. This just started happening about a week ago. I am getting a ad that show ad22@doubleclick.net that shows up. I was going to PM you Tim S. I forgot how to do that. So I decided to post this and see if any other members are experiencing this and if so just accept it.

There are no popups used here - ever - I promise - never - none - zero - nada.

I'll say it again - there are no popups used here - ever HappyWave.gif

There's an ad in the upper right corner - it's not a popup, it's just a regular banner ad. If ANYTHING pops up on your computer screen, it is not coming from SOL, I promise.

It sounds like spyware or shareware causing the popups you are getting - it seems to be a common practice these days is getting folks to install software on their computer and then serving them popup ads - it's dirty advertising and we would never do it here, I promise.

TimS

Thanks Tim, you are right I believe it is spyware. I also post on the political forum and the old town tavern. To say the least the feathers on my flies are not the only ones I deal with that are being ruffled. I better watch how I reply and post. There are some sore spots out there, that take some things I say with a grain of salt.