Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SallyGrowler

The worm turns in Iran: incredible moment in history.

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Big Glass House in Tehran.

They've been heaving the most stones -

------------------------------------------

First : the Iraq civil war that never happened.

Second: Hezbollah (Iranian sponsored) gets no love in Lebanon.

Third: losing their shirt on Oil/Energy contracts in 2008

Fourth: Missiles that don't launch

Fifth: civil war could be reality in Iran within two months.

---------

Quite a quandary... or should I say quagmire?

---------

I support the Admin for not taking sides since we have two rivals within a kooky theocracy sparring for power.

In a Bismarck kinda way, let them duke it out, we wait on the sidelines and toss a biscuit at the winner (or not) when it's over.

-----

The porcupine: While the Ayatollah is demanding an end to the demonstrations (via round-ups, assassinations, terroristic threats and mass arrests), they are not targeting a specific minority (previous MO).

The target of their agression are the majority. The same people that they see when they worship, dine, pass on the street, invite to parties etc...

The ripple effect: when they instruct the military to squash the protest, soldiers will be pointing weapons at friends and extended family members.

Good luck with compliance!

The more people they whack, the bigger the mourning procession....

View PostRemember the Shah.

Different: The Shah was a secular leader that enjoyed western support.

The Ayatollah (and the overall theocracy) is being challenged by a movement from within their ranks.

Unlike the Shah - The Ayatollah and his regime spokesman (A'jad) have not enjoyed the support of wester nations (with the exception of a few moronic staesmen (pelosi) from the western world.

----------

They cannot walk away from this unscathed.

---

sit back and watch.

View Post

sit back and watch.

I am...Point was that this is somewhat reminiscent of the events leading up to the fall of the Shah in that they are engaging in mass mourning. The "mourning" is protest and it is contagious. As you said, the more people affected, the larger the turnout for the mourning.

when they instruct the military to squash the protest, soldiers will be pointing weapons at friends and extended family members.

The Revolutionary Guards are 'soldiers' only in the sense of guarding the Ayatollahs, and the Shia 'Revolution'. They care not a wit about your average Iranian. They will carry out their orders to suppress the demonstrations only too willingly; with a gusto that will turn your stomach.

The average 'regular' Iranian soldier is a horse of a different color. They might rebell, and support the protestors, but they are kept on a very short leash, by the Gov't.

I hope our gov't is supporting the counter-revolution against the Ayatollahs, at least covertly. The Pariah Nation of present Iran must go.

View PostThe Revolutionary Guards are 'soldiers' only in the sense of guarding the Ayatollahs, and the Shia 'Revolution'. They care not a wit about your average Iranian. They will carry out their orders to suppress the demonstrations only too willingly; with a gusto that will turn your stomach.

This is quite different - being the most wide-spread rebellion they may have to contend with.

While the Revolutionary Guard has obedience to the robe, they too have extended family and friends. Their ranks will go jell-o if the Gov't demands blood. This ain't la cosa nostra...

The average 'regular' Iranian soldier is a horse of a different color. They might rebell, and support the protestors, but they are kept on a very short leash, by the Gov't. That leash is fraying with every tug...

I hope our gov't is supporting the counter-revolution against the Ayatollahs, at least covertly. The Pariah Nation of present Iran must go.

I don't believe we should support either since it did no good in the past. While we applaud a regime change, this may not be a horse of a diff't color.

View PostAs soon as the threat of a US invasion was removed....

the people felt SAFE from us, and turned their attention back to their desires for a cultural revolution.

Quite the contrary. What is happening - has nothing to do with outside involvement, or lack there-of.

Iran has been highly-unstable since before the Iraq war. There have been numerous protests from students demanding democracy, but this power shift has much todo with A'jad being dispised by the very people that originally supported him.

Militarily - we still have Iran within the horns of the bull.

View Posti

-----

scratch

-----

my

-----

nutsack

-----

and

-----

watch

-----

with

-----

grim

-----

fascination

McNifty has ointment for that.

The Ayatollahs bled Iran white during the Iraq war. Revolutionary Guards, taking a page from Stalin's WWII NKVD, would station themselves behind regular Iranian troops, and force them head long into the cauldron of slaughter.

There is still a seething undercurrent of average family resentment against the Shia State for this carnage & barbarianism. The people don't, and won't, forget the murders of fathers, brothers, uncles, and friends easily.

It may be payback time. I hope so.