Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feathersnfins

Wee Skagg Owls Head and Kennebec

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm headed up to fish the area on June 25th. Last year we were there before the stripers even showed up and everyone was really con cerned. It seems like this year is a little more promising. Anyone have any reports for around Owls Head? The Weskeag (sp?) is about 2 miles from our cottage. We also fish the Kenny up by waterville. Last year it was running about 12,000 cfs so we never fished it. Looks like the water is a lot more fishable there this year. Mostly target smallies and trout while up on the Kenny but wondering if there is any striper action going o that far up river. I fished it three years ago and they were blowing up alewives at the bottom of the dam there in Waterville. I understand that dam is no longer in existence. Thanks in advance for any info.

Regarding last year on the lower Kenny - I fished there for 3 weeks, late July into early August, 2008. Believe me, just about everyone was struggling all summer to catch stripers there. Its started raining as I arrived and didn't stop much until after I left. By that time the lower Kenny around Bath really got murky with all the run-off, water vis only about 18"-2'.

I hope this year is better. Based on reports from S Maine, its looking more promising than it did this time last year... we shall see.