Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Honest question or dishonest cheap shot via innuendo

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Regarding Sarah Palin's daughter:

"between giving birth and going on tour with her Mom could she REALLY have graduated? Or did the Governor's office just call up and order a Diploma?"

So the poll is simply yes or no. Is this an deliberate insinuation of gubernatorial wrong doing and abuse of power without anything to back it up or just an honest question?

RW,

at some point, Tim is going to grow weary of so many threads turning into a pissing match between you and I. And if he really looks at the threads, he will see an undeniable trend that it is you who is repeatedly seeking me out for confrontation. That you have repeatedly gotten insulting and personal, and that I have tried my best to NOT respond in kind, and to anwer you in a dispassionate and logical fashion.

I don't get what it is about me that sparks this internal rage within you,

but let it go.

I don't want to debate it with you or argue this with you. I just want to see if I'm out of step for seeing this as just a cheap shot at Sarah Palin via innuendo; insinuating that she ordered the High School to provide her daughter an undeserved diploma.

This is right in line with the discussion we were having regarding honesty or a perceived lack of it in the discussions here.

fair enough,

but if you want to have a poll that matters, you should include my posts that you find so troubling.... all you have is a rather skewed synopsis of what has drawn your ire.

for those who will vote...

Bristol Palin graduated ON TIME from her High School,

after having stopped attending school her Junior Year because of her pregnancy, and then having been away from Alaska for significant periods of time During her Mother's run at the White House, and her Talk Show/Lecture circuit. I cannot fathom how she has satisfied the requirements of her High School in order to receive her diploma, and I strongly suspect (and asked aloud) if it's the fact that her Mom is the State Governor that secured it for her.

based on the reasons given does my question seem reasonable/honest?

or is it a cheap shot. (did she somehow attend classes and make up her Junior year while being on the Talk Show and lecture circuit stateside).

You are suggesting that Sarah Palin (governor's office) demanded the diploma for her daughter without her having earned it.

You have no proof whatsoever that this is the case. You are, in fact, suggesting the one single explanation to what you consider to be an assumed condundrum that would allege misdeeds on the part of the governor without any basis for such an allegation.

That's a dirty trick and not at all honest, in my opinion. But that's why I posted the poll. I want to see if others feel this way and, perhaps you would be interested in seeing if others feel his way, too, as it does affect how people perceive your credibility.

If it's a serious question, why ask it here where no one could possibly verify or refute it? The only good answer to that is that the purpose is to shape perception negatively and to possibly start a rumor. The answer isn't forthcoming because no one here is inside the governor's office or the board of education in Alaska. If this is an honest inquiry into Sarah Palin's alleged wrongdoing, why don't you start with them and try to get an honest answer instead of insinuating the wrong doing, tossing the dirty little snowball down the hill just to see how big it might get before it stops rolling.

I usually stay out of the muck you two spawn, but, yes its very possible for her to have graduated high school on time.

Many do it with paid tutors, home/on the road school etc.

Take a look at many of the young actors and musicans. The parents are responsible for their education while not attending traditional school.

We have had several local students our for the majority of their jr year due to childbirth and still graduated with their class.

Fnm, honestly, most everything you post, you put some sort of spin on it. A lot of the **** tossed your way, you bring upon yourself, just as does RW.

Peace out.biggrin.gif

View Post and I strongly suspect (and asked aloud) if it's the fact that her Mom is the State Governor that secured it for her.

Why don't you ask Gov. Palin yourself? That way, you get the truth you so deperately seek. Go here: http://www.gov.state.ak.us/govmail.php]

We are getting tired of the constant back and forth bickering now.

View Post

Take a look at many of the young actors and musicans. The parents are responsible for their education while not attending traditional school.

and those kids don't receive a traditional High School Diploma.

and NO RW, I am not saying Palin DEMANDED anything.

I am saying that the High School sells T-Shirts with the slogan "Home of Sarah Palin and the Warriors" on it.

I have a hard time believing that WHO the mother is did not play a SERIOUS role in her receiving that diploma.... ON TIME.

View Postand NO RW, I am not saying Palin DEMANDED anything.

My bad.... it sure sounded like it when you said "Or did the Governor's office just call up and order a Diploma?". Come to think of it, it still sounds like you were saying Palin demanded it via the Governor's office.

Can you not see this?

View PostMy bad.... it sure sounded like it when you said "Or did the Governor's office just call up and order a Diploma?". Come to think of it, it still sounds like you were saying Palin demanded it via the Governor's office.

Can you not see this?

fair enough,

my initial post was glib.

I don't think Sarah made the call....

and I am torn between wondering if someone in her office made a call on her behalf, or the Principle is so fond of Sarah no call was necessary.

What I STRONGLY suspect to be true is,

that Bristol did NOT meet requirements that a normal student would be required to meet, in order to graduate on time with her classmates.

based on her lost time and extensive travel, that does not seem possible.

View Postand those kids don't receive a traditional High School Diploma.

and NO RW, I am not saying Palin DEMANDED anything.

I am saying that the High School sells T-Shirts with the slogan "Home of Sarah Palin and the Warriors" on it.

I have a hard time believing that WHO the mother is did not play a SERIOUS role in her receiving that diploma.... ON TIME.

But many of them do. So, you are confirmed that she did not graduate legit or just a theory?? And if you are fully aware that she did not, show your proof.

BTW, I've just got a slow day in the studio, thanks to the economic stimulis down here and I figure I would find some cheap entertainment. biggrin.gif

View PostWhat I STRONGLY suspect to be true is,

that Bristol did NOT meet requirements that a normal student would be required to meet, in order to graduate on time with her classmates.

based on her lost time and extensive travel, that does not seem possible.

And I wouldn't quibble with that. I can see why you might wonder how she made requirements. It just didn't have to accompany what certainly appeared to be an allegation of wrongdoing pulled out of thin air, but I'll accept that as just a glib, creative response. I just wish we'd have arrived at this end a few dozen posts ago.