Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MSMiranda

Won a gold medal at the Police - Fire Games

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Ron Cervenka, my former partner, and I competed in the team angling event held at Castaic Lake in Southern California. There were 21 other teams from the Western States competing. We won!! The competition was for the largest 7 fish bag of black (usually largemouth bass at Castaic) bass. The winning weight was 14.55 pounds. Yes, fishing was tough today. We caught about 15 fish total, not counting the two stripers which unfourtunately do not count, and kept culling until we ran out of time. He is the pro bass fisherman. He competes all the time. I just occupied the back of the boat and caught a few. I did catch our biggest fish of the day, so I did help. He caught about three to my one.

There was also an award for the biggest fish. A retired LAPD Officer won that gold medal today.

Ron Cervenka also won the gold for the single angler yesterday as well as the gold for biggest fish. I wasn's so lucky. All team members are split up for single angler competition the first day of competition. I had not been on the lake in a long time and did not have a clue on where the action was happening. Ron had fished on Sunday, and found the winning pattern. I was lucky enough to have him for my partner today.

Matthew