Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

More examples of bad fundamentals in today's sports

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

This time I'll pick on 'our very own' Redsox...in this occasion the play was executed with no reprecussion and in fact, was a routine inning ending play. But...

There was a pop up hit between the first and second basemen (Youk and Pedroia). Both players converge to the spot until one calls the other one off...that part is ok; that's how it should happen.

But where do you think Brad Penny was on that play? What if the ball dropped? Ball wasn't hit very high and for all I know, the runner may not be running hard, since a lot of players don't hustle on plays where they think the play will made easily.kooky.gif

View PostThis time I'll pick on 'our very own' Redsox...in this occasion the play was executed with no reprecussion and in fact, was a routine inning ending play. But...

There was a pop up hit between the first and second basemen (Youk and Pedroia). Both players converge to the spot until one calls the other one off...that part is ok; that's how it should happen.

But where do you think Brad Penny was on that play? What if the ball dropped? Ball wasn't hit very high and for all I know, the runner may not be running hard, since a lot of players don't hustle on plays where they think the play will made easily.kooky.gif

Julian Tarvares was notorious for just this, he would stand on the mound and point to the play instead of backing up the position in question, I would be screaming at the tv for him to back up the playshakehead.gif I am so glad they do not have him anymorebeers.gif