Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mack1703

Any Land Rover Techs out there? How do you reset the brake pad low light on the dash?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I did a 4 wheel brake job on my friends 2005 Land Rover. I replaced all the pads, rotors and pad sensors. Everything is working fine but the check brake pads indicator and the brake light are still on. I googled how to reset the lights and one site said it could only be done with a special dealer only scan tool, is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Ditto on the battery cable. That will usually drain any residual power from the capacitors for the PCM/ECU. The only downside is if your trans has a learning mode for shift strategy, you'll have to go through it again and reset all your radio stations. biggrin.gif

View Posttry disconnecting negative battery cable for about 1/2 hour, should get rid of it.

View PostDitto on the battery cable. That will usually drain any residual power from the capacitors for the PCM/ECU. The only downside is if your trans has a learning mode for shift strategy, you'll have to go through it again and reset all your radio stations. biggrin.gif

Disconnecting the battery was my first thought but my friend just bought the truck and doesnt know the radio security code and he would rather deal with the brake light then have no radio. I guess his only option is to go to the dealer. Thanks for the help.

Foudn this:

Edit: Willy, I appreciate you searching and finding stuff to answer a question, but you cant just copy and paste, word for word, from another message board here. Not to mention the two dozen links in what you posted, it's just wrong, against the rules, and bad form to do it.

Be selective in your cut and pastes', be sure there are no links.

That was just way too much for me to go thru and fix. Ben