Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

thought about it when I sold my boat and was still in RI

They have a no nightime policy so I said the heck with it

Deal is you get to use the boats but get to 'walk away' from them each time

it's not cheap, but neither is owning a boat

View Postwhat's the deal?

A friend of mine is a member.

There is a no night policy, but they will leave the keys if you want to do an early morning. The policy might change.

The fishing boats are not the best. They have a small 20' sailfish, I have not seen the other boats.

The bookings are divided into half days. You can stack the bookings, but can only have four reservations out at a time. In addition to the annual fee, I think there is also a monthly fee.

On the plus side, when you are finished with the boat you hand over the keys. The dock hand will clean and fuel the boat up. The fuel is then billed to your CC, which they have on file. They will also credit the dues you pay to a new boat (the guy who owns the club is a Nautic Star and Bristol Harbor dealer), if you decide to purchase a boat from him during your membership term. They have boats located in different marinas around the bay. At this time I think they have a Newport location and East Greenwich. I don't think you are allowed to make a trip to BI.

The club would not work for me. You need to call ahead to use a boat, so even a spontaneous trip would need to be booked (like if you want to take the family for a quick swim).

its expensive but might suit some people's needs. It might be cheaper to just charter a boat when you want to go fishing.

Oh for cripes sake people....a 17 ft tinnny? 7.50/year registration and a 10 hp kicker?

Look, if you can't afford that, fine....No judgement...fish where you can, but don't risk your lives (yeah, a crapped out boat can put you in a schit-load of troubles...) just to get at fish one cast further out...

I wouldn't trust a boat, engine or rigging that I didn't know back to front or the owner who felt the same.

View PostOh for cripes sake people....a 17 ft tinnny? 7.50/year registration and a 10 hp kicker?

LOL the top pic is similar to the one i saw.

More than sufficient for fishing the bay.

The bottom pic eh not so much although i do see a couple of guys out there in onekooky.gif

View Postcoughcoughneverbeenonyourboatcoughcoughyoudick

You can come on my boat any time, it's up on jackstands in the shed in wickford. You might be able to reach the harbor with a well placed cast. beers.gif While your there you can do some sanding. cwm40.gif

View PostYou can come on my boat any time, it's up on jackstands in the shed in wickford. You might be able to reach the harbor with a well placed cast. beers.gif While your there you can do some sanding. cwm40.gif

as a wise man once said, I can be paid in beer....as long as we dont keep the two visits from the cops average we have recently cwm27.gif

View PostHappyWave.gifHappyWave.gifHappyWave.gif

don't forget about da fat kid!!!

lg_smile.gif

(I promise I'll try not to fall in as much next time shut up briantongue.gif)

that made my freaking night..looked like a puddle..next thing..where's TJ?