Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wetbluearth

wtb or review for abu 7000ics

11 posts in this topic

I've had the 7000 ics and currently have the 7000 Rocket ics. I've owned models made in Sweden and the newer ones made in China. Honestly, newer ones out of the box are smoother casting. Ones made in Sweden are solid as a rock, but I enjoy both. I currently use 7500's (made in Taiwan), I believe brass sideplates, 7000 Blue Yonders (old Sweden 7000's with the sideplates changed out) and Calcutta 700's in my rotation. I love these 3 reels, so the Rocket has seen little action. These I mainly use for bullreds, jacks, tarpon, sharks and kings from the surf out of Galveston, Texas. You will like the reel, and if you don't, it will hold it's value to where you can sell it for a breakeven or loss.

View Postwant to buy new or slightly used abu 7000 ics if anybody has a review on one they have used that would be nice to

I can offer you a 7000ics Pro Rocket in box, papers, rod clamp, etc for $110 shipped. Like new however I find myself prefering the older versions. It's likely a sentimental thing as I've been using them for 30 some years now.

The reel is machine spooled with new 40lb PP which if you want...please add $5 for a total of $115. I can use the braid on another 7000 so it's your decision.

Dutch

View Postcan i see pics

Happily if I could find my blasted camera cord. Here is a stock photo...put HiViz Power Pro on it (yellow) and that is pretty much it. I just traded a fellow SOL'er for it and then the very next morning was offered an older 7000. Timing is everything. It will make an good back-up for me if you take a pass. They run $150 shipped and I'd like to pass along the savings to someone else on BST.

Abu Garcia 7000iCS CS Pro Rocket Reel

tackle_2055_175304168

View PostI can offer you a 7000ics Pro Rocket in box, papers, rod clamp, etc for $110 shipped. Like new however I find myself prefering the older versions. It's likely a sentimental thing as I've been using them for 30 some years now.

The reel is machine spooled with new 40lb PP which if you want...please add $5 for a total of $115. I can use the braid on another 7000 so it's your decision.

Dutch

View Postis that what your asking 150 shipped and what condition is it

No, my first post explains condition and what I'm asking. I'll be happy to keep the PP for another reel. $110 shipped USPS Money Order with delivery confirmation.

I've done many trades on BST...the reel is solid and will save you minimum of $40 off retail. Again, if you take a pass I'm content to keep it for jigging the canal.

Dutch

i don't want to hijack, but i'm in the market for a 7000 abu... if the thread starter isn't interested i'd like to talk to you about that reel...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0