Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Niffty

I'm back and I learned a few things.

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Back from bonnaroo. Tired as hell, but no worse for wear. STD and crabby free (didn't get laid). I do have a severely chafed ass and perineum. I learned the wonders of Gold Bond.

Other things I learned at roo.

Getting bonna-profiled by state troopers and having your car searched for drugs is a lot of fun when you don't have anything illegal in your car and you can see the look on all of your friends' faces as they recognize you while driving by in campers full of stash holding hippies. cwm27.gif

Phish really does suck.

Phish is way better when Springsteen comes out and they play Bruce tunes.

Phish goes back to sucking after Bruce leaves.

Naked guys who dump over trash cans during Al Green get beaten up by security (and rightfully so). beatin.gif

If you name the neighboring camp "The Death Star" those people will give your camp free drugs.

As awesome as bonnaroo is, it's even cooler to watch your 23 old nephew experience it for the first time after getting a miracle ticket from your girlfriend at the last minute.

Even better than that is when 4 hot chicks in bikinis show up to camp out with you on Friday afternoon. icon14.gif

If you have a lot of bubble machines at your camp site the bikini girls are happy (yes I have pics). highfive.gif

No matter how good of a job they do cleaning the port-a-potties they never do a damn thing about the piles of ********* from the mounted security.

Seeing Bruce sing Santa Clause is Coming to Town in 90 degree heat in THE VERY FRONT ROW is an awesome thing that none of you Jersey boys who pay $300 for nose bleed seats will ever get to experience. tongue.gif

I'll post some pics later. I have to see what I can get from my friends cameras.

View PostWhat is a "miracle ticket"? Is that code for something? Like sanchez...or does it involve your perineum?

It means a free ticket.

"Seeing Bruce sing Santa Clause is Coming to Town in 90 degree heat in THE VERY FRONT ROW is an awesome thing"

This from a guy who cranks Iron Maiden while working at homeshakehead.gif

View Post"Seeing Bruce sing Santa Clause is Coming to Town in 90 degree heat in THE VERY FRONT ROW is an awesome thing"

You don't see the pattern? headscratch.gif

View Post"Seeing Bruce sing Santa Clause is Coming to Town in 90 degree heat in THE VERY FRONT ROW is an awesome thing"

See the following (my bold font for emphasis):

If you name the neighboring camp "The Death Star" those people will give your camp free drugs.

View PostSee the following (my bold font for emphasis):

damn I always forget about the free drugs.In that case....Bruuuuce!

glad you are alive still.....well, sort of...wink.giftongue.gif

really, really wish I was there this year.....wasnt meant to be.

So, any new music to talk of? Something that blew you away that you never thought would???

Didja catch the Beastie boys??

View Postglad you are alive still.....well, sort of...wink.giftongue.gif

really, really wish I was there this year.....wasnt meant to be.

So, any new music to talk of? Something that blew you away that you never thought would???

Didja catch the Beastie boys??

The Beastie Boys really brought it. One of the best shows of the weekend along with Galactic, Al Green and Bruce.

Other highlights include Rodrigo y Grabriella, Merl Haggard, Public Enemy, Coheed and Cambria (covered Can't Find my Way Home beers.gif), Wilco, Gov't Mule, Booker T and the DBT's, Gomez doing "Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp" and David Byrne.

Stuff I wanted to see and missed: Elvis Costello, TV on the Radio, the Mars Volta and MGMT. Most reports were that MGMT sucked.

New stuff: Passion Pit, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and High On Fire.