Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arno

This doesn't pass the smell test.

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

George Walpin was an inspector general who was charged with investigating government-funded national service programs. His job was to review grants awarded by AmeriCorps and its parent agency, the Corporation for National and Community Service. His staff uncovered "problems" with Sacramento mayor and former NBA star Kevin Johnson. (Kevin Johnson is also a close friend and political supporter of Barack Obama.)

Now Walpin was told by the WH that he needed to resign. If he didn't, he would be fired. Walpin refused to resign - so he was fired.

As it turns out, as a result of Walpin's investigation, Johnson and the nonprofit St. Hope Academy that he headed were ordered to repay about half of the nearly $847,000 in federal grants they had received from AmeriCorps. (As of this morning, not a penny has been paid back - as ordered.)

Another wrinkle has been added to this custer-fluck.

<from the link down below>

WASHINGTON (AP) - A Senate Republican is asking for information on any role first lady Michelle Obama's office may have played in her husband's decision to fire the watchdog for the federal AmeriCorps program over his investigation of Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson.

Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa requested that Alan Solomont, chairman of the government-run Corporation for National and Community Service, which runs the AmeriCorps program, provide "any and all records, e-mail, memoranda, documents, communications or other information" related to contacts with officials in the first lady's office.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Monday that Mrs. Obama played no role in the president's decision to remove Gerald Walpin, the national service agency's inspector general. Earnest said administration lawyers were reviewing Grassley's request but have not decided how to respond.

Michelle Obama's former chief of staff, Jackie Norris, is expected to join the national service corporation as a senior adviser on June 22. Norris was a senior adviser in Obama's campaign for Iowa's precinct caucuses, and she was state director for his general election campaign in Iowa.

The president on Thursday told Congress he had lost confidence in Walpin. White House counsel Gregory Craig, in a letter to Grassley, cited criticism of Walpin's investigation of Johnson, a former all-star point guard for the Phoenix Suns and a supporter of Obama's presidential campaign.

Walpin said Friday in an interview with The Associated Press that he reported facts and conclusions "in an honest and full way" while at the corporation. "I know that I and my office acted with the highest integrity as an independent inspector general should act," he said.

In September 2008, Walpin's office found misuse of federal grants by Johnson and the St. HOPE Academy, a nonprofit education program he founded. Johnson and St. HOPE ultimately agreed to repay half of $847,000 in grants they had received from AmeriCorps between 2004 and 2007.

Walpin was criticized by the acting U.S. attorney in Sacramento for the way he handled the investigation of Johnson and the academy. Acting U.S. Attorney Lawrence Brown said in an April 29 letter to the federal counsel of inspectors general that Walpin's conclusions seemed overstated and did not accurately reflect all the information gathered in the investigation.

In his letter Friday to Solomont, Grassley also asked for information related to Walpin's performance and contacts the corporation had with the U.S. attorney's office and officials in Obama's executive office.

"In light of the removal of the inspector general, it is vital that Congress obtain a full understanding of the role that you and your colleagues at CNCS played in these matters," Grassley told Solomont.

I say something stinks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...IZU-wD98RF20G3

Ahh how times have changed.

Remember when politically motivated firings were outragous and grounds for impeachment?

Way back like ... 6 months ago

View PostAhh how times have changed.

Remember when politically motivated firings were outragous and grounds for impeachment?

Don't matter. Not one negative thing will come out. Ho-hum... liberal ethicsrolleyes.gif

That guy was fired for not playing the game, for living up to his job, instead of just being a rubber stamp.

What an idiot!

He should have kept quiet and collected his gov't check, now he's been fired by the Husseinmfic and will probably have his life destroyed by the state media!!!

OOOOHHH look at me!! I'm an inspector GENERAL!!!!! I found coruption!!!! Look at me!!!

**** You your fired dummy, next time play the game or the game will play you.

Why did you have to bring up Michelle O's ass? I never noticed it before, always staring at her armskooky.gif

And why do 1st ladies have a chief of staff? why does a wife need a staff, isnt that her husbands job?

Just what the hell is going on in Husseins administration?

Fire anyone who has an opposing view or is investigating anyone connected to the president. Doesn't sound like a democracy to me. shakehead.gif

How come this is not on all the news stations.headscratch.gif

View Post

How come this is not on all the news stations.

I think we all know the answer to that.

The more you look into this story, we realize the worse it is. Glenn Beck had an interesting chalkboard illustration of the players. And Ted Kennedy was one of them.

Walpin was all alone on this one. He was the only person who played by the rules. He saw fraud and he moved to stop it. It becomes more and more obvious that he got fired only because he blew the whistle on Obama's buddy, Kevin Johnson the Sacramento mayor.

In addition, an Inspector General can only be fired if he gets 30 days notice and is given the reason. (This didn't happen.) And who do you think was party to getting that passed? Yup, Barack Obama when he was a Senator. (One of the few things he did.) But then he violates his own law. That, of course, sent the WH scrambling.

Suspicions confirmed: This is the most corrupt administration there ever was - at least in my lifetime.

View PostAhh how times have changed.

Sounds like that is what you are saying. Wait a few days as Arno`s reports tend to be generally untrue. smile.gif

View Post

Wait a few days as Arno`s reports tend to be generally untrue.

Untrue? Nothing untrue about it. But don't take my word for it - it's right there for all to see. Get off your duff and look for yourself. And take Gamascalcharooney with you.

I`m just saying that I have seen a slew of reports you have posted that ended up being just another slanted and untrue story from one of the many garbage machines the Repubs have in effect.

Maybe its true and maybe its not. The machine can slant any story with an Oh My angle.... Obama haters eat it up hungrily. Its works vice versa as well. Oceans full of garbage out there.