Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

Bay Fishing

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Not hearing much about what's happening in the bay. Even our resident attention hoe is conspicuously quiet.

What's happening?

I'm think of making a nighttime foray to Prudence on the ferry. Would it be worth my while?

We used to do well loff Prudence from the boat years ago.

Isn't it odd I never hear of anyone surf fishing the island?

Seems like a very much over looked destination. Two summers ago I scouted it during the day from the boat and it looked awesome!

Ferry round trip tickets are under $10. We should do a group night out and hit the island hard some night soon. I'll throw caution to the wind, pack some meds and go all out if there is some interest. Might as well do it now before I can'tredface.gif

had some good consistent action in the middle bay on Sunday evening - until i ran out of my favorite lure heart.gif...then quiet, it was all they wanted.

wasn't sure of protocols on mentioning specific lures, so i didn't cwm13.gif

View PostWe used to do well loff Prudence from the boat years ago.

Isn't it odd I never hear of anyone surf fishing the island?

Seems like a very much over looked destination. Two summers ago I scouted it during the day from the boat and it looked awesome!

Ferry round trip tickets are under $10. We should do a group night out and hit the island hard some night soon. I'll throw caution to the wind, pack some meds and go all out if there is some interest. Might as well do it now before I can'tredface.gif

I know a couple of guys who have stopped surfcasting the island due to ticks....no first hand experience though....

you know I have abad shoulder right wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I used to fish off PI all the time.mostly in the fall early AM fishing then in the woods to set up tree stands then back at sundown.The ticks are very bad the best way to avoid getting them on you when walking through the tall grass(witch you will have to do at some point)is were rain pants to and from the spot.They cant crawl or cling to them it might sound like a greenehorn thing to do but it works.It's been a wile since i've been out there,i used to know almost everyone on the island wether they would be around or not,witch yards to cut through not so much anymore.

View PostI know a couple of guys who have stopped surfcasting the island due to ticks....no first hand experience though....

you know I have a bad shoulder right wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey don't be bogartin' the meds.... beatin.gif

My knee is killing me ! biggrin.gif

Im in ! for the island....

View Post

you know I have abad shoulder right wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Forgot, I'm so wrapped up in my own injuries, I forget other people get hurt too biggrin.gif

You're still fishing aren't you?

I'm not concerned with the ticks. I used to hunt in SK and get covered with them. Tight fitting clothes, DEET and a good once over by the wife when I got home was 100% effective.

The only times I've been bitten, was when the dogs brought them in....

Can I take a Frontline like the dogs just in case headscratch.gif

wink.gif

View PostHonestly,if you guys do this,buy yourself a Hartz flea and tick collar,and wear it,or you'll be sorry.cwm15.gif

I sweat enough booze that bugs will retreat!

my 2 cents on the bay

been much slower than last year but there are a number of fish around in the 18-24lb range. All of mine have been on live bunker around the islands - boulders and points.