Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicky

hawaiin honeymoon

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

besides my daughter best time of my life

maui 14 days we did everything you could imagine. Spent a ton seeing we knew we would probably never be back.

Road to hanna cool, helicopter definate, submarine wild, turles definate, scuba and snorkel

I nice high end dinner is seawatch at waliea gold gold resort

Never been on a honeymoon or to Hawaii....

But, if memory serves, my past research on the Hawaii Islands indicated that the surf fishing prospects were not great. icon13.gif

Boat fishing was supposed to be good though. icon14.gif

View PostKona billfishing......some world class boats and world class marlin fishing.

thats what im thinking

View Postchew ur leg off & run

prob not gonna get too far

Been to Hawaii twice. First time 20 years ago this coming August for our honeymoon. 5 days on Maui and 5 days on Kauai. Went again two years ago with our son. 7 days on Maui. On Maui we went parasailing, snorkeling, biked down Mt. Haleakala (10,000' summit) after seeing the sunrise, the road to Hanna (returned going around the back side of the island, it's another world). On Kauai, we went to Waimea Canyon, and on a Zodiac boat tour of the north shore. Kauai is a gorgeous island with miles and miles of empty beaches. Pull off to the side of the road and have the beach to yourself.

Lots to do, and lots to see. You won't be disappointed.

Joe

Spent 11 days out in Maui on my Honeymoon

did many of the things listed here - road to Hanna, biking down mt. Halelekla - all very cool

Did 2 charters out of Lahina - one day we got skunked the other we got a few Mahi and a nice Wahoo (fyi - boat keeps the fish but if you ask and tip they will let you get out with a few fillets)

saw some guys fishing from shore but mostly boat action out there - can be some tough rip currents as well as lots of sharks over by Hanna

Heard that the marlin fishing over by Kona is much better then Maui

Check out a web site called Maui B&B - lots of great places to stay (we stayed at a place called the tradewinds - nice little house all to yourself) that are cheaper then the hotels.

spent the first two nights in honolulu ...

spent the last three in maui

lots of stuff going on the big island, it's a lot mellower on maui.

lots of good shopping on both, IIRC, if yer bride is into that. if you like asian food, you will be in heaven.

don't bother shore fishing, go snorkeling instead.

charters for pelagic species (wahoo, tuna, dorado) will vary ... time of day and tides do matter. do your homework. don't necessarily go with hotel recommendations. in any event, it's trolling (called the hawaiian circle jerk).

There's some goob who used to have a real job and post here a bunch, but quit that to be a beach bum panhandling from tourists. I can't remember his name, though (even though he posted about 3 posts up on this thread). biggrin.gif

I'd ask him for info, he knows his ****, obviously.

Go to St. Barths. Just before the prime season the rates are reasonable. Excellent food, beaches, and relaxing atmoshphere. If your looking for happening nightlife, gambling...etc...disregard this post.