Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

Smallest Boat with Pilot House & Head

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Wifey and I are starting to look at boats and one of her 'must haves' is a pilot house with head. I want to go small- preferably 18' or less. Anyone know of any boats that meet these criteria?

Hi some years ago there was a boat called the Hawk-Line Little Rhody. 19ft w/a full 8ft beam, decent freeboard, mast, boom, and winch for pulling pots or large bluefin tuna on board. The builder designer (Capt George Hawkins) passed away a few years ago. I'm sure there are some still around. Trailored well, not to great in a heading sea, but w/the pilot house, so what. We put three grown men in it back and forth at M and Rhody. Might have some pics around. Casey Ghee

My wife encouraged me to buy the 21 maratime skiff I have now, so she would have a place to pee in private. The photo below is of the 23 but the 20p looks the same just smaller.

patriot_aerial_Small_.jpg

The extra wide console door open into a hidden cabin

patriot23d_WinCE_.jpg

I did buy her a porta poti but she discovered its easier to hang off the side rail of the center console and just go overboard when no ones around.

A few years ago I knew a guy that had an 18 foot aquasport with cabin if your looking for a used boat they are probably still around for sale.

Get a 21 with an enclosed head or you will be upgrading in short order. It is not worth the wrath not to take her wishes into account or you will never have a minute of peace on the boat. You can get a decent used boat very reasonably priced now. A 21 will also ride better.