Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nikoli

Eye Protection (Night)

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

View PostWhat are you guys wearing at night? During the day I wear polarized sunglasses.

Just clear work glasses. Get them at homies or lowes. You can also get a decent pair of shooting glasses that have interchangeable lenses, I like the yellow sometimes. If theres alot of light like near the jetty I find the yellow to work nicely in just eye comfort. Not sure if it was the best way to explain that.

Same thing you use while shooting at night...clear lenses. NOW...don't none "you pansies" tell me you don't have shootin' glasses kooky.gif

I've used inexpensive clear safety glasses at night as well, but I have to admit, I hate them. I do get more used to them the more I wear them, but I just feel like at night, they distract me too much (even though I realize that, in fact, my sense of sight is even less important at night).

So, as of late, I just make sure my barbs are pinched down and I try to turn my head, i.e. I look back as my backcast is coming over my head, and I look forward as my forward cast is coming over my head...in the hopes that if I do catch a hook, it will be in the back of my head.

I once met a guy flyfishing in CT, with a patch over his eye and glasses on. He told me that the glasses were a recent addition, he'd put a hook into his eye. Better get a plan B, Andrew. Don't rely on turning your head. Eye injury can be permanent.

Yeah I have hit myself in the back of the head. Beacuse of that I do wear clear safty glasses at night. After a while, you get used to it.

I just don't think "Chuck-n-Duck" is effective at night.