Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Bait shop in Quincy @ Billing road

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Does anyone know about this? Who owns the shop?

I am not promoting this shop or anything. My dad pass by it one day and told me about it. He said the guy live right above it also.

lets put it this way. no trying to dump on someone but.

For a bait shop to cut your seaworms in half when they are large.. i do not think that is kosher.

View Postlets put it this way. no trying to dump on someone but.

For a bait shop to cut your seaworms in half when they are large.. i do not think that is kosher.

That would piss me right off. It's like having the bait guy tell you the pogies are fresh, and you can stick your finger through it like it's yogurt.

When a bait shop also sells tropical fish... that can't be good. Yes... you read that right. Tackle on one side of the store... tanks with tropical fish on the other side. And yeah... they REALLY do cut their worms in half. Burnt once... never again. I tell ya tho', Van's across the Neponset has really come along. Always get great service and the bait is top notch. If you're in the area lookin' for bait or riggin' that's the place to go.

Cut them in half? Oh, the pain! Dam, times are tough. I wonder at what point you realized the worms got cut. I bet there was a little more action in those worms. Next time pay for the worms with 6 single dollar bills and cut em in half. I think I might make a stop by this place and ask for the worms for some entertainment.

When I see Nemo I will ask if he is the supplier and tell him what I heard.

that sound like same shop tht was in dedham along the river, near MC GOLF.. that was a petshop/tropical fish shop. the bait shop on DORCHESTER AVE has good bait.

The business card that my dad got from him only said "Bait shop". I don't even know the name of that shop. But the address is 22 Billings road. It's very close to the shops right on hancock.

View PostWhen a bait shop also sells tropical fish... that can't be good. Yes... you read that right. Tackle on one side of the store... tanks with tropical fish on the other side. And yeah... they REALLY do cut their worms in half. Burnt once... never again. I tell ya tho', Van's across the Neponset has really come along. Always get great service and the bait is top notch. If you're in the area lookin' for bait or riggin' that's the place to go.

Van's is great. Nice folks and they'll even open after hours if you call ahead! I like the old counter set up better.

I used to frequent the place on Dot Ave., have spent lot's of $$$$ there, and all I've gotten from the owner this year is a piss poor attitude; I'm done with that place unless I desperately need something Van's doesn't have.

View PostThe business card that my dad got from him only said "Bait shop". I don't even know the name of that shop. But the address is 22 Billings road. It's very close to the shops right on hancock.

Thanks! I'm curious to see the place. smile.gif

I bought some bait there a few times even though mostly mack and clam. I will check out the worms next time I go and buy some. Thought we got lucky to have a bait shop closer to Quincy. His prices were close to other bait shops.

View PostWhen a bait shop also sells tropical fish... that can't be good. Yes... you read that right. Tackle on one side of the store... tanks with tropical fish on the other side. And yeah... they REALLY do cut their worms in half. Burnt once... never again. I tell ya tho', Van's across the Neponset has really come along. Always get great service and the bait is top notch. If you're in the area lookin' for bait or riggin' that's the place to go.

there was an excellent bait shop that also sold tropical fish near me

it is closed now, but not because it was a bad bait shop

i wish it were still there

"local" now means either a trip into dorchester or going to dick's

I like both Dorchester shops. Van's is quick and easy to get in and out from, I have some of his sea worms in the fridge right now. P&J can be a pain in the arse to get in and out of during the week because of Fields Corner traffic and parking. Van's doesn't have the inventory of P&J's and I don't know if they sell live bait beyond worms. I've always had great service in both places. And when I head south I go to Fore River Bait.