Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shbeachbum

Digital Converter Box Question

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Trying to help a old friend. Hooked up his box & TV today and all went fine except we can't get channel 2. All other stations + more come in ok. Any ideas why channel 2 can't make it in?

View PostTrying to help a old friend. Hooked up his box & TV today and all went fine except we can't get channel 2. All other stations + more come in ok. Any ideas why channel 2 can't make it in?

If this is in Port Monmouth, and you're talking about WCBS-DT(2.1), it should come in just fine. If you get WNBC-DT (4.1) then WCBS-DT is almost identical in signal strength and direction.

Here's a list of channels you should be able to pick up:

View PostTrying to help a old friend. Hooked up his box & TV today and all went fine except we can't get channel 2. All other stations + more come in ok. Any ideas why channel 2 can't make it in?

Try going back to the original config before using the box and see if you can pick it up. Might be the station is still analog and there was a hickup in the digital transition.

Either that or the transmitter is offline temporarily. Check back in a few days or compare notes with neighbors to validate what is going on.

Got it working fine. On Fri. 6/12 when I scanned the converter box, that channel did not cut over yet. It cut over 1 1/2 later. I rescanned the box and got all the channels. I thought all stations would cut over at 12:30 DST but that was not the case.