Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EBHarvey

Things Slowing Down......?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

We had a few good weeks in there, but the action seems to have fizzled out. The summer slowdown should still be weeks away and I've yet to see any of the larger migratory fish. Plenty of bait around but nothing on it.........headscratch.gif

View PostThey're here...mouth's of large rivers and on the reefs. Had some good sized fish absolutely covered with sea lice over the last couple of weeks.

Two weekends ago, had a couple that were nasty with sea lice.

And yeah, things sure seem to have tailed off in most spots, not all, though. A boat is a definite help.

there are a good number of fish around me and in tight but very, very finiky. The problem I have had is that they are on very small sand eels and have been ignoring just about everything else. I need to pick up some droppers in the 1-3" range.

For me the bite in the rivers has definitely slowed down but things are picking up out front. Just need to figure out where the bait is and have been able to find bass...

yah, the last two weeks in may were red hot, id say things have cooled down a bit recently, but the spring run shouldnt be over yet

ive gotten skunked in boats recently, have had better luck from land at night

Was all dogfish on the party boat I was on this past Saturday with my dad and brother.

Well... not ALL dogfish. There were 3 bass caught on the boat (one real nice one, probably at least 20#, more likely 25), and a weak picking of bluefish.

Between the three of us, we wound up with something like 4 dogfish released at boatside or gaffed aboard and stomped on by the mates, one bluefish, no bass.