Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seadogface

Finding a wife

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Some folks rush in only be divorced later

so what should a person look for or do for a successful marriage?

I took things slow & easy ~ six years of dating ~ two years of engagement ~ another six years before children.

The girl only 19 when we meet now has lived with me longer than she has lived without me.

I'm not saying every day has been pure Bliss, but many moments have come very close.

What worked for you?

I am happy for you. I am married 15 years. It's been rocky for sure. What works is a patience. Lots and lots of patience.

Leave the "me first" attitude at the door and put her first always. She does the same and it all works out well. Married 18 years this year, engaged after 8 months, she was 35 I was 28. Fantastic, salt of the earth woman, who is, without a doubt, my best bud. Scott

Dated my wife 3 times and left for the military. Wrote alotof letters and came home to visit with her for a week on 2 occasions. On my third LOA, I married her. I was 20 and she 18 (just 5 months out of high school).

We waited 10+ years before having a child.By the time the 3rd child arrived, I was having a lot of health issues and stopped working 7 1/2 years ago..

As much as we planned out our lives, things did not go that way. She had to go back to work when I became disabled after being a stay at home mom for almost 8 years.

Things as of late have been very difficult but we are still working it out.

We will be having our 25th anniversary in a few months.

1. People change

2. Expectations change

3. Things don't go as planned

4. You have to roll with the punches

5. Be happy for what you have

6. Be honest and open

7. Show integrity

8. Have scruples

9. The grass is no greener anywhere else

10. Happiness comes from within

11. Stick to your obligations

12. Above allm else, remember that forbidden fruit creates many jams...
Short term gratification is never worth the risk it exposes your family to.

DO THE RIGHT THING ALWAYS.

I'm 45, my wife 43. Married 25 of those years is an accomplishment I am quite proud of despite the hurdles we have had to overcome.

I am happy to be where I am, thankful for all I have and content with life.

I suffer from depression a lot dueto my health issues and loss of mobility but in the end I keep going knowing full well many have it so much worse.

Overall,Iam a very fortunate man.

Been married 18 years, I've known my wife since we were both 19 - almost 30 years ago. Whew. Lived together for seven years, broke up for almost three, got together again and eventually got married. We don't ******** each other, have never been tied at the hip - lots of time apart, 'cause we're both loners at heart - avoid conflict by talking rather than fighting. I grew up in a war zone, I've made every effort in my life to avoid repeating that scene. My wife grew up in an emotional freezing zone, so she sort of appreciates my over-abundance of emotion. We have the same underachiever's outlook on life, would rather have domestic contentment than a lot of material stuff...it works well...one thing I realized during our breakup period was that there are very few women out there like her. I've only met two or three women my whole life who I could honestly say I was in love with or could see myself falling in love with...picky bastard.

met my wife at college, we were both there early for a sport so there was less competition biggrin.gif

fisrt time I saw her I turned to my buddy and said that's the woman I am going to marry...dumb bastage shoulda kicked me in the nutz

Dated for 3 1/5 years, then she got pregnant with my oldest daughter (senior year) we stayed together, didnt jump at marriage, then 3 years later she got prego again and we got hitched....and had another 3 years after that..

I havent learned crap to be honest with ya..just that kids are fun, being in a committed relationship has more good then bad....and the desire for strange snatch never goes away but becomes easier to deal with...

Happy anniv Hockey Dad beers.gif

My wife picked me up on Jungle weekend at Uconn.

Sorta lived together up there, got married 2 years after graduation, Willy came a year after that, and then Greg 4 years later.

It will be the 25th anniv on Dec 1st.

I honestly think people way overanalyze the whole thing. There are probably hundreds of wimmen that I could spend my life with.

You pretty much get what you put into it.

Unless she's a freak.

This July will be 15 years that the wife and I have been together October will be are 13th wedding anniversary. after 3 kids we still have alot of fun together while everything is different then it was 15 years ago I would marry here again today. I plan on doing something special just me and here next month if I can find someone to pawn the kids off on.

View Post
  1. Above allm else, remember that forbidden fruit creates many jams...
Short term gratification is never worth the risk it exposes your family to.

Good sheet right there...

View Postmet my wife at college, we were both there early for a sport so there was less competition biggrin.gif

fisrt time I saw her I turned to my buddy and said that's the woman I am going to marry...dumb bastage shoulda kicked me in the nutz

Dated for 3 1/5 years, then she got pregnant with my oldest daughter (senior year) we stayed together, didnt jump at marriage, then 3 years later she got prego again and we got hitched....and had another 3 years after that..

I havent learned crap to be honest with ya..just that kids are fun, being in a committed relationship has more good then bad....and the desire for strange snatch never goes away but becomes easier to deal with...

B...Get a freaking TV man! biggrin.gifwink.gif

Im not married however my parents have been for 51 years just last week.

they have two rules

1. Marrage is a partnership you need give and take on both sides.

2. Never go to bed mad at on other

Some couples might have more somw might have less but it has worked for my folks for along time.

ThomT