Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chibiseppy

blank recommendation - Jewfish

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Hello i needed a blank recomendation for jewfish off of the local bridge(Sunshine Skyway)

it will need to be fairly long (10") and stiff. i have a team of four people to hold on to it

i was thinking 15 turbo guides 25 25 25 20 20 20 20 20 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 + tip

What size realseat do you think i will need for a 14/0

Recommendation on grips maybe??kooky.gif

thx abunch

Since your fishing off a bridge id go with Gator Glass (almost indestuctable)

KC50-120

10'

IGFA50 lb.

Med-Hvy-Mod

-

$82.95

the shark blank

Shark

10'

80-130 lb.

XX Hvy-Slow

-

$109.02

they do make 9' rod and are about half the price..

good luck, thought it was illegal to target them or even pull them out of water????

Just read catch and release is legal

If the rod's gonna be 10' and stout enough for up to four people to have to hold onto it (headscratch.gif), You could probably use about half as many guides.

View PostHello i needed a blank recomendation for jewfish off of the local bridge(Sunshine Skyway)

it will need to be fairly long (10") and stiff. i have a team of four people to hold on to it

i was thinking 15 turbo guides 25 25 25 20 20 20 20 20 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 + tip

What size realseat do you think i will need for a 14/0

Recommendation on grips maybe??kooky.gif

thx abunch

I give this rig a life expectancy of about 2hrs. Targeting goliaths from a bridge is pretty retarded. Unless you're about 6'8 and 350lbs, chances are you're going to get hurt real bad by the first 200lb+ fish that you hook.

No staright butt rod will work IMHO. Go with a custom bent butt in the 80 to 130 class....

"BUT"

What are you planning on doing once you hook up. Your are aware you can't take the fish out of the water? FOR ANY REASON.

On another note you are giving all the leverage to a fish with more power that can sometimes be handled even under the best conditions.

Few blanks you might check out Seekers SS-Ulua93H or Ulua93H-10 S-glass or SS-CJBF100. The ulua blanks are prolly what you would want! The CJBF is brand new and I haven't played with the one I have yet, But it seems to have a ton of power.

View PostAre you certain you need a 10 foot rod? A shorter rod will give you a hell of a lot more leverage, and be easier on you and the fish.

well we have to swing cast stingray wings under the bridge about 50 ft.

and when hit you have to pull them out from under the bridge without touching the bridge

if using braid and it even touches the bridgework it snapsfrown.gif