Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie M

"High Caliber"?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Someone I know has recently described himself as a "High Caliber" fisherman. I never quite understood what that meant and he isn't really giving a good definition. Have any of you guys heard this term before or have any clue what it might mean?

Charlie

Is that similar to a "high maintanance" woman?

I think your friend views himself as in the upper ranks of fisherfolks.A step above.

Elite group.

Me..............low caliber confused.gif

I would like to say that most people here on SOL are High Caliber fisherman.......the right equipment to get the job done and a burning desire to get it done.......sportsmanship is at the top of the list in my book,,,respect for the fish and fellow fisherman,,,,,this is how I see most on SOL........... Bob

Perhaps just like in firearms he is a "big bore".

I definitely think you hit the nail on the head Plug. smile.gif

Thanks for the opinions guys, it's helping me out some. Any other ideas out there?

Charlie

Hmm, high caliber, huh? Seems to me that guy has an overly-inflated sense of self-worth. Lemme guess what he was wearing, driving and carried. Hmmmm...

He was decked out in all the latest Orvis yuppy-scum clothing from head to toe, complete with long-billed goofy mark sosin hat, breather shirt with detachable sleeves, super light khakis with detachable pant legs below the knee, and various and sundry other fashionable by essentially useless clothing items-he looked maaaahhhhhhhvalous. He was driving a 2002 BMW SUV, or maybe a Hummer. He was carrying a custom surf stick for which he paid at least $800 and was inscribed with his name and date. It had, of course, a $900 van wobble (the most over-rated wastes of aluminum and tianium know n to man) and a TON of custom plugs at $40 a whack. Following him was his major domo or manservant who carried a Lillian Vernon picinic baskit (right BooBoo?) filled with foie gras, Stoned Wheat Thins, camambert and brie and a cooler with a 1993 Stag's Leap Estate Chardonnay, some Evian (of course) and a 6-pack of Stella Artois. OK, how close am I???

CMP

CMP, people like you describe don't need to tell you they are "high caliber" fishermen, they hide behind the facade of looking like "high caliber" fishermenwink.gif

Choopy, I think you need to take another purple pill this morning...it'll all make sense in about 25 minutes cwm12.gif

TimS

I noticed you didnt call this person a friend. Sounds like an ego trip to me. No matter where you go or what you do, there always seems to be Mr. Important nearby.

------------------

Don't tell me when I'm going to die, tell me where and I won't go there.