Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheKintnerBoy

Another Westuit Question...

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

How do you guys go about keepin stuff dry while wetsuit fishin? I mean the stuff that can't get wet, like your cell, keys, and maybe a camera if you choose to bring one? Worth the trouble?

Thanks in advance.

i use a waterproof camera,i also have a plastic traveling soap holder(bar soap)i put my keys and cigs in...

the phone well i leave that in the car,when i am surfishing,i only carry when i am on the pier or jetty...

Single car key goes in a ziplock snack size bag in pocket or plug bag. No phone or camera.

Fords with the key code buttons are great.

Not sure about dive suits but almost all modern surfing suits have a string and small pocket or area for your single car key built into the suit.

But to be honest I never use it, I usually just hide my keys somewhere.

Cell phone in a wetsuit? Bad Idea cwm31.gif Leave it in your truck.

Camera? Waterproof highfive.gif

get one of those new waterproof phones. AT&T and VERIZON both make one. Verizon=GZ'ONE, AT&T=Tundra.

Haven't seen any videos on the Tundra, but check out some videos on YouTube about the GZOne. If they can place it in a bowl of water, freeze it over the course of 4 hours(while turned on), call it and the ice vibrates, thaw it out, and it still works, I guarantee it can survive a wet-suit.

Camera would be in the phone, and either hide your keys, or take JUST the door/ignition key, and leave the rest behind. I have one with a computer chip in it and have no problem while surfing, so that should be fine.

View PostHow do you guys go about keepin stuff dry while wetsuit fishin? I mean the stuff that can't get wet, like your cell, keys, and maybe a camera if you choose to bring one? Worth the trouble?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing.

Kayak supply places sell neat little dry bags that are just big enough to hold cell, wallet, keys. I have one. Clip to belt. Very durable. I think a zip lock would fail.

Cellphone goes in the trunk. Housekeys under the seat.

Cameras have always brought me bad luck.

That leaves one key. Why can't a key get wet?

Put it on the same lanyard that holds your flashlight.