Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ramorakomo

Polarized sunglasses

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

Hey guys i have a couple questions are all polarized sunglass the same or are the cheaper ones not as good of a "polarization" and the higher priced one... also for maybe about 50 bucks what are some good glasses, i guess you can say i have a big head... i want to be able to see into the water better thanks

you could do a search on costa del mar sunglasses or take my word for it wink.gif I have owned a pair of Costa Del Mar brine Sunglasses with the Green Mirror Costa 580 glass lenses for over a year now and they are amazing. they have been heavily used but not just for fishing but for every day use. you may want to do some research on the different lenses but the green mirrors are amber lenses. go to the costa website for the description. they have a large selection but I would try the models on in stores before you purchase them!

Unless your a really careful kinda person, I'd recommend the cheaper end of the sunglass scale. I've found UV/Polarized glasses for $20 that worked great. Whether you crushed them (inevitable) or they dropped overboard (highly likely) or you just plain "lost 'em", didn't matter. Just rip out the spare pair.wink.gif

I like these buy Mueller. $30 if I recall. I have a couple pair for fishing. What I like is they clip to the long billed b-ball hat I fish with, so I can flip them up and down as the sun may come in and out. Night light can still clip to front of hat bill as well, so you can transition from dark to dawn/sun-up with this set-up.

View Postim sure they are but i cant buy glasses that cost more then my pole >.>

Why not, your eyes are more important then your pole. Good sunglasses are a must, not just for fishing but for everyday life. cwm40.gifwink.gif

Tight lines, Mike

Just bought a pair of Costa Deep Blues. R/X amber bi-focals polycarb lens. I absolutely love em. Pricey ,but sure makes sight fishing more productive.Great for driving on rainy days.

Check the stores return policy, buy them, leave all the tags on them, and wear them outside for a day. I have been doing this for the last year in Hawaiian sunshine, on the ocean every day, and I have tried about 30 different pairs like this. The ones I wear daily cost $16 at K-mart, (Tropic Shades) and are better than all of the expensive brands I tried. I purchased 4 pairs of them, because the last ones I loved (Typhoon at West Marine, $40) were discontinued. I find that the dark amber color lenses are the best for me, and they absolutely must fit close to the face and wrap around the side of the eyes, keeping out 30 knot breezes and sunlight trying to sneak in the sides.

I need to spot mooring balls underwater up to 25 feet deep, and I have no problem doing that with the less costly glasses. My $300 Maui Jim's have been sitting on the shelf for the last two years.shaky.gif

mine work great for me if u want some cheap ones...go to Walmart and go into the sporting goods sections and get the Berkley ones....only problem that i had with them is that i lost them frown.gif theyre about 15-20$