Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montyfishing

Suzuki df70 Four stroke

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

All

I have a 70 zuke on my Whaler its a 2001 with about 270 hours on it and out of warranty. Recently my oil light came on, its solid not blinking to indicate an oil change. There was no alarm associated with the light. I checked the level and it was normal. My concern is that I have read some people have started to see the oil pumps go on the 60's and the 70's HP zukes. Has anyone else seen this problem? I dont want to put it in the shop and be told my oil pump is gone and its going to cost a boat load (pun intended) to fix. The engine never throttles back when this light comes on, just the light with no horn (yes the horn works).

I would find it hard to believe that if the Suzuki's had this problem they would not issue a recall and replace the oil pumps. Any advice would be apprecaited greatly.

Could it be that you reached the 300 hour mark and your tack is telling you it is tiime for service . Read your manual, there are a series of steps to take to turn off light. I can't find my manual now or i would tell you how it's done. It has something to do with the kill switch : pulling it out a number of times, I am sorry I just don't remember. Call your service. ctr they will get you through it.

Good luck O'D

Sorry I didn't read your post thorougly. Still call Service Ctr. The guys at dickersen Marine are great.(Mattituck LI)

Why not at least take it to dealer to have him read the computer which will tell you alot of what is going on including how many hours are on the engine.

I have a hobs meter and it has just about 300 hours on it, I also talked to the dealer. They told me there is no "solid" lights to indicate the engine needs service, they all blink. So I am going to drop it down there and have it looked at. Ryders Cove in Chatham are some good peeps! Alan and the crew are some good people and I would recommend them in a heart beat.