For Our Friend Brewroom

Rate this topic

Mike

The true measure of a man is the mark he leaves when he's gone.

From the feelings and fond memories that his friends share about him, I'd say that Jay more than "measured up".

I'm sorry to say I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him, but it sounds like many of you should be glad that you did.

Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. ~Louis D. Brandeis

Jay, my friend you are missed.

CharlieK, JohnO he was a big guy with an even bigger heart and smile.

We met at the first Food Fling he attended. I'm not sure which year it was. We talked and had enjoyed the day. We exchanged cell numbers and planned to fish together, we never did. We would talk at his place of work no and again when I would run up for a brew.

RIP my friend.

I LIKE PIZZA!

Words do not to the man justice.

Things have been very different without him around and it is clear to everyone that his passing has changed things forever.

The get togethers on the weekend aren't the same, their is always that void there...that 9 foot tall void with the smile and the laugh.wink.gif

Some of us got together last night in his backyard, had a bbq, and sat around the fire..doing what we do.

As it got dark out I looked across the fire and it was fitting that one of the seats was empty all I could think of was him sitting there.

I had the chance to meet some great people because of Jay and that is what he was best at, bringing people together. These people are now my friends because of him and I thank him for that.

I think of him often, sometimes wish that I could have his demeanor...it's not happening, that was him and that is part of what made him such the special person that he was.

He is missed, a lot, and I feel for the people who knew him far longer then I had the chance to, and for the people who never had the chance to.

I miss you Jay and I'll see you on the beach.

I think of Jay a lot but the last few days have been tough. (Thanks guys -- I know that I should not carry that "woulda/coulda" load). It's hard not to imagine how things could be different. I only knew him for a few years, and we talked a lot more than we hung out -- I lived far from him back then -- but that made it great when we did manage to hang out. Sad week indeed.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

View PostCharlieK, JohnO he was a big guy with an even bigger heart and smile.

That's exactly how I remember him Chief, his sheer appearance was impressive, almost intimidating, then the big smile thrusting out his duke and introducing himself. His sincerety was obvious, and welcoming. I only made one Food Fling, but I'm glad it was the one that I got to meet Jay, however briefly.smile.gif

And the man could brew beer. drool.gif

"ALL THE BEST!"

• 12 years later...