Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

SoCO friday Night

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

has anyone heard recent reports of mack's up against the beach in soco? Pretty sure there was a large school on something very small on friday night..I was picking stripers off the edges but they were not stripers and blues that were feeding on the small stuff ??

At one point I couldnt take it anymore and shined my light into the school...what ever they were were long and skinny with some of the most refective eyes I have ever seen...still couldnt make a positive confirmation though..

I obviously didint keep the stripers and was unable to check stomach contents...

why yes brian, it is quite possible they were mack's for I have heard a few reports of schools in the area..it is also likely they were on sandeels and the bass were brought in by the commotion..either way it sounds like you had a great night and witnessed a very cool situation...

def not pogies..way to long and slender..thats why i say macks..what else would be pushing a foot long but skinny as all hell..?

MHadnt thought of shad, but deff had the wrong profile...hmmmm

View Posthas anyone heard recent reports of mack's up against the beach in soco? Pretty sure there was a large school on something very small on friday night..I was picking stripers off the edges but they were not stripers and blues that were feeding on the small stuff ??

At one point I couldnt take it anymore and shined my light into the school...what ever they were were long and skinny with some of the most refective eyes I have ever seen...still couldnt make a positive confirmation though..

I obviously didint keep the stripers and was unable to check stomach contents...

View Postwhy yes brian, it is quite possible they were mack's for I have heard a few reports of schools in the area..it is also likely they were on sandeels and the bass were brought in by the commotion..either way it sounds like you had a great night and witnessed a very cool situation...

View Postthanks for the response HD!

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif it would have been better if you quoted yourself! Sounds like Macs or dare I say silversides?

Judging from the amount of "Squid boats" working off my place of employment, it wasn't squid. Sixteen toTwenty one on a daily basis. frown.gif

Silver sides have been arriving in mass in the last week, along with an abundance of sand eels. Mummies and Hickories have been arriving since the new moon.

Before the arrival of the boats we could have walked across the "ink darters"