Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moonpool

switched over to a Digital antenna today!

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Well it took a little doing to get it right ! The pic's are great. The best thing is I get more channels for free 18 in all. I just read that If I go with a 360 deg. antenna i will get around 56 channels!

Take the cable and shove it where the sun don't shine!

I'll never give the cable co. another cent ever again!

Glad it works good for you! It reaLLY BLOWS for me.. Only good thing is 4 out of the 8 channels I get are PBS. I have awful reception some days and the bummer is it doesn't just get staticy like before. It get all pixelated and you loose the audio first thing. Makes it pretty frustrating to try and watch something that is not coming in perfect. Just my .02 and btw I have a decent electrically boosted antenna not just plain rabbit ears.

The best choice at your location is the Winegard HD 7084P antenna.

This antenna has the ability to capture the Violet rated signals and provide consistent quality digital reception. Because the TV transmitters are located within a 40 degree spread of each other the antenna can be installed in a fixed position with the narrower end of the antenna pointing at the center point between the two transmitters with the furthest separation.

This recommendation is 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back

15477079_scaled_261x159.jpg

HD 7084P

Mast pipe shown not included

Amplifier/Preamplifier Choice

Below choose the appropriate system configuration that best describes your antenna system.

1. The TV stations that I want to receive appear in any combination Red, Blue and

....Violet and the coax cable run from the antenna to the furthest TV is 125 feet or

....less and or a 2 way signal splitter will be installed.

....Recommended amplifier - Winegard AP 8700 preamplifier

2. The TV stations that I want to receive appear in any combination of Red, Blue,

....and Violet and the coax cable run from the antenna to the furthest TV is

....125 feet or less and a 3, 4, 6, or 8 way signal splitter will be installed in the system.

....Recommended amplifier -Winegard AP 8780 preamplifier.

What is a signal splitter?

A device that divides the incoming signal from the antenna into multiple outputs allowing a single antenna the ability to supply multiple TV locations.

All recommended items on this page can be viewed in our on-line store. Before you leave this page you may want to write down the suggested items or bookmark this page into the favorites list on your computer for future reference.

Bookmark and save this page to favorites

√ You have successfully completed the digital TV antenna selector.

You may click on the antennaweb tab now and open it and then

click on the (X) in the upper right corner of that window to close the window.

Read moreabout the HD 7084P TVAntenna

Additional Resources:

>

TVAntennaInstallation Guide

A step by step guide to basic TV antenna system installation. Including antenna mounts, rotor installation, grounding, preamplifier set up and a system diagram.

>

TV AntennaPreamplifier Installation

A guide to TV antenna preamplifier installation complete with illustrations.

TV Antenna AtticInstallation

How to get the most out of your attic mounted TV antenna.

TV Antenna Aiming

How and where to point your TV antenna

Understanding Digital TV Reception

How to install coax cable end connectors

How to utilize existing cable TV wiring

View Our Guarantee>

To start the digital TV antenna selector overclick here.

View Posthttp://www.dtv.gov/

It help me out a lot. check the maps out.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/

The one thing I noticed about the coverage maps, is that they don't indicate how many different channels each station broadcasts....Most of the stations I pick up on my antenna are broadcasting 2-3 channels, each....So, for each station you can pick up, you can add 2-3 more on your selections...

I'm picking up about 12 channels, including ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS....Hooray for free TV! (even as lousy as it is, at least it's free)

was watching my local fox channel the other day and they came on with something about the DTV transition. they will be cutting the analog signal on the scheduled day but will only be broadcasting at half power on the digital transmission until August. cwm13.gif

I tried again all day Saturday.....hundreds of dollars in antennas....cables... connectors............pfffttt....it does not work in my area... at best I had 11 channels (2 in spanish and others were MPT, Qubo and Ion) and the two major networks that I had for a bit... clip out and get pixelated... best signal was 75% but it only picked up 8 channels....next was about 50% with 11 channels...finally just gave up and called DISH.

View PostWell it took a little doing to get it right ! The pic's are great. The best thing is I get more channels for free 18 in all. I just read that If I go with a 360 deg. antenna i will get around 56 channels!

Take the cable and shove it where the sun don't shine!

I'll never give the cable co. another cent ever again!

What's the channel number for NESN?