Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wet Head

Binoculars for Reading the Water, at Night

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Who's tried it?

I have a nice pair of marine binoculars with a red, night vision tint that really makes the most of available light. I have seen a lot I would have missed otherwise.

For night viewing may I suggest any brand 7X50. I know they are a bit on the large side but are the most easy to use in low lighting conditions - dusk to dawn.

Mr. Wilson

Yah, what brand are they? I need a new pair. I would like am pair that would be good all around (bright days at the beach as well as low light situations).

Thanks

Fagro

Night vision destroys your REAL night vision. A good pair of 7x50 or 8x30's. You can get a good pair of bushnells for around 200$ or a better pair of Steiners for 300$ or less. You get what you pay for. Just remember caffeine and cigarettes effect your night vision. Another trick is (in the field of view)keep 2/3 sky at night and 2/3 sea in the day.

I will get back to you on the brand I use. They are not "night vision" glases. They have a red tint to them thats common with todays models. It really puts the water in your lap at night.