Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rimshot

Surf Rookie

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I'm new here, and to surf casting. I live out in the California Delta and have been fishing for stripers here for 40+ years. I mainly troll for them. I recently got an itch to chase stripers on the beach. I've been reading up on the subject here and this is what I've got to get started. Got me some breathable waders, cause I work up a sweat just hiking to the beach. Runnin a 10' Lamiglas Surk King, with a Daiwa Jupiter-X 4500 spooled with 30lb. Power Pro Braid backed with 25lb. mono. I have a few different colors of Hair Raisers, a red and white Pencil Popper, and this swim bait and top water I pick up at Capitol Bait and Tackle in Manhattan when I went to Yankee Stadium last year. Can't remember the name of the top water but the guy said they work real good back there. So I'll give them a shot here.

dsc00764syo.th.jpg

I also got an 11' Penn Power Stick with a Shimano Bait Runner 6500 spooled with 25lb. mono for cut bait. The beach is over a hundred miles away so this won't be a weekly thing, (I chase kokanee salmon in the summer too), but this may be an excuse to go visit my sister more often in San Francisco. Wish me luck....rimshot