Because of Team Republican on SOL

Rate this topic

View Postwould you include an MBA from an Ivy League school in your list as a title that reflects your intelligence level.

JFK Jr. had a degree, and after numerous attempts passed the Bar.

Questions of his intelligence were made.

I think some achievements are more impressive and significant when made by someone who "earned" it. A Bush or Kennedy will get into an Ivy League School simply by signing the application... no?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostJFK Jr. had a degree, and after numerous attempts passed the Bar.

Questions of his intelligence were made.

I think some achievements are more impressive and significant when made by someone who "earned" it. A Bush or Kennedy will get into an Ivy League School simply by signing the application... no?

I had typed that getting into a school is not the same as getting out with the degree, then deleted it thinking you wouldn't be so silly to ignore what it takes to get an MBA from an Ivy league school.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

View PostI had typed that getting into a school is not the same as getting out with the degree, then deleted it thinking you wouldn't be so silly to ignore what it takes to get an MBA from an Ivy league school.

JFK Jr. had a Law degree from NYU,

and yet many insulted his intelligence.

but please go back and read my other post.

the George W. Bush in his youth seems to be much more mentally adept as the version that became President. I sincerely believe he did damage with his decades of substance abuse.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

the search had 3 hits,

2 from this thread,

and this post.....

thread.gifSCOTUS overturns Bush vs. Gore

Views: 266

Posted By eastendlu

icon1.gifGore was and is a dumbass - Gore would have left...

Gore was and is a dumbass - Gore would have left us with a weird feeling that only a proctologist can give you but in a totally different way then Bush did

So are you saying Gore would of used...

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View Postand I don't recall reading it,

who was posting this "so frequently"?

I'll do a search.

Think in terms of synonyms. There are nearly infinite permutations that have the same meaning.

I am constantly amazed at how frequently, the most simple and obvious things need to be explained to someone who clearly considers himself to be highly intelligent.

View PostThink in terms of synonyms. .

I don't equate making assertions that Bush is not very intelligent on par with stating "Dubya is a dumbass".

I can respectfully comment about a President, and it is NOT the same as being incredibly disrespectful.

I made my post BEFORE I did the search,

and the fact that the only hit was a slam on Gore was a bonus.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostMike,

while I agree the picture is distastefull, I also think it should not be posted.

your point was made...

but the pic contains language not suitable for SOL,

why not accept the point and edit the pic?

The picture is still posted in SOL, it was easier for me to cut and paste the picture than to try to link it so the picture could be seen, and not just the the link to the thread.

I would not have a problem if anyone edited the picture in my post to remove the offensive language, without removing the point that was being made by the person who posted the picture in SOL.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

View PostI don't equate making assertions that Bush is not very intelligent on par with stating "Dubya is a dumbass".

I can respectfully comment about a President, and it is NOT the same as being incredibly disrespectful.

I made my post BEFORE I did the search,

and the fact that the only hit was a slam on Gore was a bonus.

Of course you don't. Idiot, stupid, dumb, moron, embicile, brain damaged, drug-addled, retarded, stupid....

Oh, the list goes on and on. It is, however, nice to know that me asserting that you are not very intelligent is something you wouldn't consider to be insulting or derogatory, though. That sort of thing just promotes openness and honesty. It's not like I'm calling you a dumbass or anything, of course.

Or is this another one of those double standards? If it's a double-standards thing and you find my assertion that you aren't very intelligent to be at all offensive, then please just say so and I'll retract it and you can stop de-*****ting Bush's cognitive abilities, which I sincrely believe are much superior to yours.

Consistency and non-contradiction. It's a good thing.