Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hawker

Gitmo. Should we close it?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

View Postsince when did wars become law enforcement actions? How many Germans/****/etc did we try during WWII?

Congress hasn't declared war on anyone since 1942. There is no war.

Close Gitmo and give the base back to Cuba. Just watching the Cuban community in Miami have a stroke would make that worth it.

We can house the detainee's on one of the islands in the Bering Sea instead.

Maybe even put them on a 24 hour TV feed.

Call it the Deadliest Catch. wink.gif

Keep it open and keep them there. Really what is the difference?

If we move them to max security somewhere in the U.S., it will be gitmo in Nebraska or Alaska or where ever. Can't try them because almost none of them had their Miranda rights read to them at time of capture or because trials would turn into media circuses and damage our security and secrecy.

Obama had to cave to the left and now he is stuck.

View Post

Hi Knight HappyWave.gif

I agree. I'm sure Obama, if he had a do over, would have never addressed the Gitmo situation. He's now stuck with it and without much support except those libbies that don't make a difference anyway.

View PostHi Knight HappyWave.gif

I agree. I'm sure Obama, if he had a do over, would have never addressed the Gitmo situation. He's now stuck with it and without much support except those libbies that don't make a difference anyway.

Which libbies don't make a difference?

The ones that control the House?

The ones that control the Senate?

The one in charge of the executive branch?

Yup, those libbies sure don't make a difference anymore anyway. highfive.gif

View PostYes. We are holding people in jail without trials, this is not the nation I signed on to be part of.

The guards should walk around the place and unlock the doors right now, and come back to Miami immediately.

If we have a beef with these people we should get them in a manner that preserves and protects liberty.

you want a ticket to north Korea to live just let the Vets in your home know they will buy it for you! I will even kick in a $20 bucks to help you out!

View PostWhich libbies don't make a difference?

The ones that control the House?

The ones that control the Senate?

The one in charge of the executive branch?

Yup, those libbies sure don't make a difference anymore anyway. highfive.gif

gave him self a bad case of crabs with Gitmo! Now obama can't get rid of it!

View Post

I really don't think it's so much a cave, but keeping his promise to his constituents...after all, he is one! But it also seems as if he's "growing up" in the Presidency, and learning that many of his liberal notions are hopeless in the face of the facts that only a POTUS would know or be privy to....Who knows, maybe he will grow up and change....but I'm not counting on it...Nevertheless, I will credit him when he acts with sound judgment or strength of character. Not that he has much credit going for him now....

View PostI really don't think it's so much a cave, but keeping his promise to his constituents...after all, he is one! But it also seems as if he's "growing up" in the Presidency, and learning that many of his liberal notions are hopeless in the face of the facts that only a POTUS would know or be privy to....Who knows, maybe he will grow up and change....but I'm not counting on it...Nevertheless, I will credit him when he acts with sound judgment or strength of character. Not that he has much credit going for him now....

His constituents don't care about any of that. All the liberal wringing of hands and anguish over Gitmo, the war in Iraq, etc., was all for show in the demonization of Bush and the GOP. The promises about all that made by Obama was just for show to demonize Bush and the GOP (remember, McCain was modeled as Bush Junior for the sake of the campaign). Obama can renounce everything he promised or said during his campaign and it will all be OK as long as he doesn't renounce his position on wealth redistribution. That's the one and only thing that really matters to liberals. Everything else was, is and will continue to be smoke and mirrors.

View Post

I'm sure Obama, if he had a do over, would have never addressed the Gitmo situation.

Already there are a number of instances in his short presidency where he has flip-flopped and gone back on his word. Once more wouldn't matter any.

Keep GITMO open and the animals there in their cages! These scumbags are lucky to still be breathing and they are treated pretty well compared to how our prisoners have been. How could anyone in their right mind want to bring the terrorists here? Lunacy at it's finest. If the libs don't want them kept at GITMO, haul them out and execute every last one of them. CASE CLOSEDcwm40.gifcwm40.gifcwm40.gif

View Postyou want a ticket to north Korea to live just let the Vets in your home know they will buy it for you! I will even kick in a $20 bucks to help you out!

Don't want to try them? Whys that?

Keep them there but verbalize a plan for their eventual disposition. I frankly don't care if they execute them all, but have the balls to state a plan. "Incarceration until cessation of hostilities and contingent upon acceptance by nation of citizenship" works for me.

Libs concern themselves about the dumbest ---- Another non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

View PostHis constituents don't care about any of that. All the liberal wringing of hands and anguish over Gitmo, the war in Iraq, etc., was all for show in the demonization of Bush and the GOP. The promises about all that made by Obama was just for show to demonize Bush and the GOP (remember, McCain was modeled as Bush Junior for the sake of the campaign). Obama can renounce everything he promised or said during his campaign and it will all be OK as long as he doesn't renounce his position on wealth redistribution. That's the one and only thing that really matters to liberals. Everything else was, is and will continue to be smoke and mirrors.

It's a given that the "redistribution of wealth" is their agenda, but I'm more inclined to believe that the "redistribution of morality" (aka the lack of it), is the equivalent of bringing an end to the America of freedom and wealth, which has always relied on the Divine Intervention of a God who rewards us with His freedom and prosperity....(not to get off the subject)

And Gitmo as far as I've seen, has not been an unholy path.....pretty rough for some detainees, but not evil in any way in any of the supposed "tortures", which the media has brought to "light"....The fact we are even concerned about torture and the truth of what happened there, is an example of how have the freedom to investigate, and publish it...and little else.