Striper Fishing in Block Island

Rate this topic

TerriW

In the yak, start out at the childrens beach and explore the great salt pond, then graduate to the outside waters, currents and conditions there are very unpredicatable,and it is hardly ever not windy, kayaking the "lee" side of the island is also a good way to stay safe. As for tube and worm you must bring your own sandworms from the mainland

The Pond and the water right off the children's beach is a also a great place to play with the long rod. As Dave said, while in the yak, work the pond first and get your bearings. If you plan to fish on the outside, watch the wind reports. If they predict 10-15, then it'll be 20-30. icon14.gif

Kikkoman Pro Staff

ill be out there for a week starting this saturday

ive always done well on sluggos out there, they work great especially if you just want to catch some fish and aren't too worried about targeting the cows (not to say that they wont catch cows)

sluggos are a good way to go if you want to fish artificials and dont want to drop $20 on a plug

just hope theres not too many blues around or you will probably go through at least that much in sluggos

good luck to ya

Woo-dang-hoo. I caught my first Striper and my second and third and.... nine total late last night/early this a.m. Smallest was 20" and the largest was 28.6reat fun on the outgoing with artificials. Sand eels were everywhere and so were the stripers. They were making lots of noise and so were the birds...after midnight.My flyfishing friends both caught larger fish than I did. They are back out there tonite. I'll try the noon outgoing tomorrow.Thanks to Frank et al who gave me suggestions on where to fish and told me to go to Twin Maples Bait Shop. I'll post photos when I can...on smart phone now.

Good for you,Terri.If you happen to overhear any reports about the tuna bite at the Fairway bouy,or Mudhole,I'd love to hear about it.drool.gif

It wouldn't pay you more to walk on water,than to wear a crown of thorns,

It wouldn't pay me more to bury you rich,than to bury you poor...

View PostGood for you,Terri.If you happen to overhear any reports about the tuna bite at the Fairway bouy,or Mudhole,I'd love to hear about it.drool.gif

I hear they are around, but not in either of those two places. cwm13.gif

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

Nice job.

The photo of the stairway at the bluffs brought back memories...those of us who are old enough remember carrying our stuff down that trail before the stairs were built ("In my day, we had to...")

;-)

"We fish for pleasure; I for Mine, you for yours."
-- James Leisenring

View PostWoo-dang-hoo. I caught my first Striper and my second and third and.... nine total late last night/early this a.m. Smallest was 20" and the largest was 28.6reat fun on the outgoing with artificials. Sand eels were everywhere and so were the stripers. They were making lots of noise and so were the birds...after midnight.My flyfishing friends both caught larger fish than I did. They are back out there tonite. I'll try the noon outgoing tomorrow.Thanks to Frank et al who gave me suggestions on where to fish and told me to go to Twin Maples Bait Shop. I'll post photos when I can...on smart phone now.

View PostNice job.

The photo of the stairway at the bluffs brought back memories...those of us who are old enough remember carrying our stuff down that trail before the stairs were built ("In my day, we had to...")

;-)

Terri congrats, hope while at Johns you got to see the pics up they have up... John is a goood guy.

Fisherman walk up and down the trail, climbing bluffs... Think thats why my old man bought that cj with the winch on it made life so much easierwink.gif ... And yes fo rthe recoed the last name on the trustum stone is mine also... yessir im a island Dodge which probly explains my personality most the time... lol

Yea im that guy.. Just trying to preserve a heritage thats now considered the enemy...NMFS.. Destroying fishermen and their communities since 1976....

What do you mean???? I was in refference to my ummm stubborness... lol some would call it thickheaded.... lol yea its a genetic trait so...

Yea im that guy.. Just trying to preserve a heritage thats now considered the enemy...NMFS.. Destroying fishermen and their communities since 1976....