Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TerriW

Striper Fishing in Block Island

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

I'll be in BI all of next week and will have some time to fish in a kayak and from shore.

Having never fished for stripers, I'd appreciate a few suggestions on lures (spinning rod/reel) and a few tips on techniques. I'll be taking the long rod with me, but I'm not yet good enough at fly casting to attempt to fish for stripers.

Thanks in advance,

Terri

Careful out on the block especially if you don;t know the area.

Stipers whys everyone for get the "r" LOL cwm27.gif

Tins , bucktails w/curly tails or pork rind, eels /rigged sluggos/eels ,darters , I'm sure someone else

with experience on the block will chime in .

Fishing from rocks out there wear your korkers .

Enjoy your stay.

I don't know why I forgot the "R." At least I didn't type "stripper."

Not sure what a "tin" is but I'll find out. Bucktails with curly tails I can do. I prefer artificials, but guess I can go live.

View PostCareful out on the block especially if you don;t know the area.

Stipers whys everyone for get the "r" LOL cwm27.gif

Tins , bucktails w/curly tails or pork rind, eels /rigged sluggos/eels ,darters , I'm sure someone else

with experience on the block will chime in .

Fishing from rocks out there wear your korkers .

Enjoy your stay.

upck.gifSurf sharpie... dont joke like that you effin wish you were me... beatin.gif

guy looking for info Kayaking the island not such a hot idea if you dont know it.. Be carefull very careful.. Yes eels work as do needles and most other plugs... sluggos are a big hit to out there... and if you realize you need something go see John at twin maple bait and tackle his hours are slightly odd but its a cool litle shop even if you just stop in and check the photos out.. lot of cool pics in there... ( some are my family)

Oh and for the record surf sharpie aka dip ***** aint from the island nor does he fish there.... just thinks he is and does in his own delusoinal mind.....kooky.gifkooky.gifkooky.gif

Not to be an jerk but its ON Block Island not IN B I.... IN would refer to the town of New Shoreham.... (aka BI) lol Sorry had to say it, but who am I to say anything my spelling is horid at best .....

Thanks for the advice and safety concerns. I'm an experienced kayaker and big and small boat handler. I may be blonde female, but I'm not dumb and value my life too much to put myself in jeopardy.

View PostAre you off your Meds.... You have a lot of

nerve.

See ya soon

We know im not on "meds" and I also know that you are not from the island so dont act like you are, and dont fish there so dont act like you do...

Terri that is great to hear do some sight seeing while there its a beautifull place to just enjoy from Rdomans Hollow, to the Moheagan Bluffs, Clayhead, The west side of the Island is more open has a Bunch of nice coves also like graces and dories cove, those t both can be productive to fish as can charlestown beach near the coast guard station... ( its the beach once you walk out to the end of the entry to new harbour... Best bet is ask John at Twin Maple he will set you in the right direction. and if ya get hungry or thirsty the Albion is always a good place to go.... Just watch the shore over there as it is and can also be a little challenging walking it due to the "slime covered bowlig balls" we call rocks over there... any how good luck and have a great time while on the island...

MY FAMILY HERITAGE.....