Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

Does China want to ruin America?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

View PostThey have been very aggressive in waging a successful economic war on us,

they have destroyed our manufacturing, and we are very dependant on them.....

I'd say yes.

IMO we destroyed out own manufacturing business with Clinton

China wants to have a successful and progressive economy. Their interest is in devloping trading partners and thriving, not in destroying the US or any other country.... except maybe Japan. I think they'd rejoice if Japan dropped into the sea.

I lack the faith of the Free Marketeers who think everyone wants to play nice and trade fair, and enter into a global utopia.

Why wouldn't China want to destroy us.....

and buy our nation one piece at a time peacefully,

or just steam roll us....

They are a brutal and repressive regime, with their own people,

why do we not think they want to be a brutal and repressive master of the world.

View PostI lack the faith of the Free Marketeers who think everyone wants to play nice and trade fair, and enter into a global utopia.

Why wouldn't China want to destroy us.....

and buy our nation one piece at a time peacefully,

or just steam roll us....

They are a brutal and repressive regime, with their own people,

why do we not think they want to be a brutal and repressive master of the world.

Money rules everything. Their greed I think will get in the way of them destroying us...

View PostMoney rules everything. Their greed I think will get in the way of them destroying us...

their greed is concentrated in the hands of much fewer people, who actually run their country.

they don't need to push and cajole their people into action,

they order it.

so they are much more effective than we are in waging this sort of economic war.

View PostIMO we destroyed out own manufacturing business with Clinton

Yup, when the NAFTA agreement passed I got to watch as an entire segment of my business literally flew out of the area to go to Mexico.

I do industrial real estate, once upon a time manufacturing was my main line of work - within a few short years it became nearly nonexistent. My business has been nothing but paper pushing office sites for quite a few years now.

View PostChina wants to have a successful and progressive economy. Their interest is in devloping trading partners and thriving, not in destroying the US or any other country.... except maybe Japan. I think they'd rejoice if Japan dropped into the sea.

Agree 100%

China has no desire to cut their own throats and they need us to buy the products they manufacture.

Japan / China, that's another thing altogether, a hatred that goes deep.

View Post

Agree 100%

China has no desire to cut their own throats and they need us to buy the products they manufacture.

why do you guys insist this is true,

It's like saying nobody would go into a military war, because nobody would want to sacrifice the lives of their young men.

If they could weaken us, and destroy us without firing a shot,

I'm sure they'd love to do it.

just as they'd love to let their people pour into our borders and take our land and natural resources.

what do we think has fundamentally changed in the world,

where one nation looks at another, and doesn't think about crushing it.

View Postwhy do you guys insist this is true..

Because there is no compelling and sensible reason to believe otherwise. I'm much more inclined to believe that some people take comfort in making China the scapegoat for real or perceived economic problems for the country and themselves.

View PostBecause there is no compelling and sensible reason to believe otherwise. I'm much more inclined to believe that some people take comfort in making China the scapegoat for real or perceived economic problems for the country and themselves.

China is just taking advantage of our mistakes...