Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stryperStalker

Al Gag's "Carl's Killer"

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

View PostHow much more would those plugs cost if Gag's used better paint? The bass don't seem to mind too much tho.

Probably more than $15. For that price, IMO they're a hell of a plug. I would suggest upgrading the split rings, tho. cwm13.gif

And you're right--the bass don't mind. wink.gif

It is not a surface lure, it is a sub-surface, darter type. Swim about a foot or two down. I was very impressed with the action but I feel the lack of middle hook costs it fish. I also believe the man has worked on his paint/finish quality.

All in all I liked it.

View PostProbably more than $15. For that price, IMO they're a hell of a plug. I would suggest upgrading the split rings, tho. cwm13.gif

And you're right--the bass don't mind. wink.gif

Ditch how do you fish it??

View PostDitch how do you fish it??

I was speaking of Al Gag's plugs generally---I've never fished a "Carl's Killer".

I like Gag's Sea Special pencil poppers icon14.gif

View Postthing to have any fishing componant named after someone and unfortunitly it is not and as Bob G stated it would be called Killer Carlbiggrin.gifcwm15.gif

Modest you are highfive.gif

How to fish it? From Al G himself, very, very slowly. Bought it this spring, herring pattern. Gets lots of strikes, has lots of teeth marks but not one hook up. I tried a 5/O treble bucktail in place of the single tail hook and it totally changed the action. Anybody have any thoughts? SDJ