Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afterhours

Afterhours Cady's Auction- Please Help...

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I am listing this fundraiser auction for a friend of my wife's.

The fuindraiser was created to help Cadence Smith of West Warwick, RI. Cadence was born on July 20, 2007 with Meconium Aspiration Syndrome and spent her first 12 days of life on oxygen. Skipping ahead to today, Cady, who turns 2 in July, cannot walk or talk, hardly ever laughs, has difficulty using her hands and can't even sit up or hold her head up regularly.

Earlier this year, they received a letter from the company they used to bank Cady's blood. It said that the bank was teaming up with Duke University in North Carolina to conduct clinical trials on children with Cerebral Palsy (Cadence's official diagnosis is Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy). The doctor doing the research is infusing children with CP with their own umbilical cord blood in the hopes that the stem cells in the blood will regenerate brain cells and essentially reverse the brain damage. There have been several children with the similar diagnosis who have had remarkable results from this procedure. They also learned that the procedure costs between $10,000 and $14,000. They were shocked to hear this news because they were under the impression that because it is a clinical trial, they will be covering the costs. Unfortunatley, insurance does not cover the cost because the trial is considered experimental.

We wanted to be able to raise some money to contribute to this great opportunity they have to get Cady help. For more information about Cady's Cause, please go to:

http://cadyscause.******.com/

I know times are tough, please dig deep to help out this family. A big thanks to Tim and SOL. Don

Up for auction: Afterhours Crackle Mackeral Plug Set. Auction runs until 6/14/09 9:00pm.

C-Mac SR Traditional Pencil 8" 3.25oz

C-mac Danny 7" 3oz

C-Mac Humpback 7" 3.25oz

Don, I wish I had some cash to help out here... I always try to help these causes. Unfortunately, money's tight, but good luck. Great job!

BTT

Hey Don, I can't top the $150 but we'd like to help.

What a cutie that baby is with a very unique name. We have our own Cadence, our granddughter. Please send me an addy I can send a donation to or I can send it to you.

Thankx Fish On Jeanine

thanks jeanine! there's a donate button on the cadyscause link. folks if you can donate $5 or $10 please do- it will help. you guys (and gals) are the best!

thanks so much everyone! like i said- you guys are the best!!! heart.gif i've received offers of plugs for more auctions. i'm not sure how to run e-surf auctions and would appreciate any help/info. let's get this little sweetie the help she needs.thanks, don.