Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigLuke

Who Kayak Fishes?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hey All......I am ready to purchase a kayak for fishing. I used to have one in CT but sold it before we moved last summer. I had a Tarpon 120.

I am 6' 225 lbs........

I am interested in fishing the bay and rivers....if I do fish off the beach it will be close by....I am not interested in going out far.

Anyone like/dislike a particular kayak?

Thanks

BL

Yes, I am a kayak angler in FLA.

I started out with shorter kayaks but rapidly moved up to the sixteen footers because they move faster and they store more stuff for camping. Actually, these longer kayaks are also easier for me to load on the roof of my truck, too!

There are so many choices out there these days. Where do you live? There are multiple places that let you demo kayaks and I'd encourage you to do so. Each person seems to like one over another one. You will quickly learn what you like and don't like.

I prefer the Hobie pedaling kayaks because of the hands-free fishing. Others don't like to pedal. The Tarpon 160's and 160i's and the Redfish 14s are popular brands.

Shoot me a PM if you want the address of some paddle fishing forums that provide good info and reviews on different kayaks.

TerriW

Tried to shoot you a pm but it got kicked back.

Let me know how best to contact you to get more info on kayak fishing...

thanks

Joe