Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clouserkid1

I have just finally relized that

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

View PostNot many people in this world can be trusted only that certin handful of people can be trusted. Even those in your family can be your worst enemy. Ive met people this year that I trust more than those ive known my entire life. Ive also relized to not give a crap what people think of me whether it be adults, peers, parents, teachers, etc. I mean is a dad supposed to tell you your worthless? Ive come to relize that fishing is the only thing that matters to me in this world other than that small handful of friends and family. I dont care what teachers think of me as long as i pass. Life sucks sometimes

Rant donethumbd.gif

Dont trust anyone but that voice inside you. I have about 2 friends that I trust. As far as your father goes,he is worthless and making sure that you are also. Don't let him suck you in! Life doesn't suck,your just learning what challenges life has.

Truthfully?

Can you trust yourself? Are you your own best friend? Do you always do things that benefit you and edify your life? Or do you engage in self destructive behavior. Do you alienate yourself from family and friends. Are you a taker and not a giver? What do you do for others? These are questions to ask the man in the mirror from time to time, truthfully. One is nearly always a big part of one's own problems .....and solutions.

Kid, you'll learn that it's not a matter of trusting people, it's a matter of trusting what's in people. Some folks have more of the good stuff to trust, and some folks less....but nobody is full enough to trust entirely....So learn where the good stuff comes from, and give it as well as get it....For the more you give, the more you receive.... (hope that gives you clue, where to find it...)

In the heat of a verbal scuffle one of my fathers favorite phrases was "Don't be a damned fool".

As fathers and teenaged sons often do, we had regularly scheduled scuffles.

When I was eighteen I left home one day, never to sleep "under his roof" again because I was tired of being a "damned fool".

When I was eight, my father knew everything....... when I was eighteen he knew nothing..... It's amazing how stupid someone can get in just 10 years.....

People don't always choose the best ways to verbalize their thoughts when emotions are running high, and I'm sure most of us are guilty of saying things we wished we hadn't.

Sometimes we need to step back, take a few breathes, and then evaluate situations with a calmer perspective.

As far as the trust issue goes, you have learned a valuable lesson at an early age.

IMO there are a select few people in this world that you will meet in life that can truly be completely trusted.

I wonder if you have met them all yet?

While searching for those few people you can wholey trust you will meet many you can't...... but if you concentrate on BEING a person that can be trusted, rather than SEARCHING for a person that can be trusted, I think you might find that things will work themselves out.

Don't close yourself off to the experiences that will shape your life.

View PostDont trust anyone but that voice inside you. I have about 2 friends that I trust. As far as your father goes,he is worthless and making sure that you are also. Don't let him suck you in! Life doesn't suck,your just learning what challenges life has.

His father is in your words worthless? Do you consider this "good advice'?