Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
personguy567

i need a good surf rod for about 100$

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

View Postlook at the star rods You should be able to get a 10fter for about 109 bucks!

Ditto. I'm starting to see a number of shops up this way carrying Star. They have a nice line of surf rods (Stellar Lite)...best rod for the money IMHO. I have three.

Beware of the guides on that ueha. They'll eventually pop out or crack/chip.

Other than that, good strong stick for the $$$.

I stripped replaced the guides on one I have...why? because I've caught a lot of fish on it & its taken some good abuse & its still in tact.

If you can go up a bit in price, consider the UGSA (dolphin).

View PostBeware of the guides on that ueha. They'll eventually pop out or crack/chip.

I stripped replaced the guides on one I have...why? because I've caught a lot of fish on it & its taken some good abuse & its still in tact.

In fact, by the time you strip the guides off the UEHA, buy new ones, and especially if you have to pay someone to re-wrap the rod, you'll pay more than what a Dolphin would have cost to begin with wink.gif

If nothing else, have the shop replace the tip on the UEHA before you walk out the door.

View PostDitto. I'm starting to see a number of shops up this way carrying Star. They have a nice line of surf rods (Stellar Lite)...best rod for the money IMHO. I have three.

Another vote for Star Rods...

View PostBeware of the guides on that ueha. They'll eventually pop out or crack/chip.

I'll second the UEHA - I've fished mine hard and the guides were never an issue. I've since re-wrapped that rod and gave it better guides, basically like the blank a whole lot smile.gif so I upgraded it a bit.

For a few dollars more the Dolphin series has better guides (Fuji guides are on it) I believe the blank is the same for the UEHA and UGSA series, I'm sure one of the guys can verify that.

View Post

For a few dollars more the Dolphin series has better guides (Fuji guides are on it) I believe the blank is the same for the UEHA and UGSA series, I'm sure one of the guys can verify that.

I think the UEHA has a TC2 blank and the dolphin has the higher modulus TC3 blank.