Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mantra

The Ultimate Fighter 10 - this should be entertaining...

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Report: Slice to appear in series

Mixed martial arts heavyweight Kimbo Slice may be returning to television as part of UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, Yahoo! Sports reported.

According to the report, UFC president Dana White, who has repeatedly scorned Slice's fighting skills, confirmed Slice will be one of 16 contestants appearing in the series.

"It should be interesting, given some of the things I've said about him," White said, according to the report.

Slice (3-1), who rose to prominence via Internet footage of his street brawls, turned pro and fought on national television as part of the now-defunct EliteXC circuit. In his last bout, on Oct. 4, he was stopped in 14 seconds by last-minute replacement Seth Petruzelli. Shortly afterward, EliteXC went out of business.

White pledged "some major surprises" for "The Ultimate Fighter" on Thursday, when he announced that former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans would serve as coaches for the 16 fighters on the show, Yahoo! Sports reported.

In the show, the 16 fighters live together and fight each other, with the eventual champion winning a UFC contract.

White earlier had insisted he would not allow Slice into UFC unless he won his way onto the show by competing on "The Ultimate Fighter," according to the report.

The show is losing viewers...and i am guessing White is banking on getting

slice fanbase....even when he loss his fans were still cheering him on..

As far as no chin....In MMA anybody can get caught and unlike boxing the

gloves arent pillows...

Now don't get me wrong i don't care for kimo...but i would love see him get

knock out again by an up and coming fighter...

Look at Evans one shot and his glass chin was broken...

Kimbo isnt a high caliber fighter - his street fights were against other low skilled brawlers so I dont expect anything spectatular from him. He'll most likely gas out quickly in his fights.

I think the dynamic between him, rampage and rashad will be hilarious. When Rampage gets on a roll he cracks me up, Rashad made it clear he dislikes Rampage so Im sure Rampage is going to push his buttons as much as possible. Add Kimbo in the house and who knows what we'll see, Im thinking there'll be fireworks in the house in short order.

View PostThe show is losing viewers...

you've said this before and it's just not true. not sure where you are getting this from but:

TUF 9 Debut Delivers Best Ratings in Years for Series

Unlike most television series which suffer ratings decline as they get older, the ratings for "The Ultimate Fighter" are like fine wine, getting better with age. The season nine premiere of "The Ultimate Fighter: U.S. vs. U.K." on Wednesday, April 1 drew its highest rating in Men 18-49 since Season 4 (August, 2006) and its most watched season premiere since Season 5 (April, 2007). The episode also drew more Men 18-34 and 18-49 than anything else on cable in its timeslot (10:15-11:15pm ET/PT), besting all sports competition including the NBA on ESPN. Overall, the series drew a 1.8 in M18-49, a 2.1 in M18-34, a 2.7 in M25-34, and an average audience of 1.8 million viewers.

This season, the two "Ultimate Fighter" teams are divided based on nationality, with eight mixed martial artists from Great Britain and eight from the United States. "The Ultimate Fighter 3" champion and top middleweight contender Michael Bisping coaches the Brits, and former concurrent PRIDE champion of the 185 lbs and 205 lbs divisions and U.S. Olympian Dan Henderson, coaches the U.S. squad.

Prior to the season premiere of "The Ultimate Fighter," Spike TV aired the first-ever live UFC fight from Nashville, TN headlined by welterweights Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann. The "UFC Fight Night" delivered 1.9 million viewers and, like "The Ultimate Fighter," drew more Men 18-34 and 18-49 than anything in its timeslot (8:00-10:15pm ET/PT).

View PostAdd Kimbo in the house and who knows what we'll see, Im thinking there'll be fireworks in the house in short order.

It would be crazy if they also brought back Junie Browning from last season. Boy was he entertaining beers.gifcwm31.gifbeatin.gifredface.gif!