Followers 0
Ne1

Need info on vintage Gibbs, others

9 posts in this topic

cimg6258.jpg

cimg6259.jpgcimg6260.jpg

cimg6261.jpg

cimg6262.jpg

The top 3 in the first picture are used but in good condition, red head(unknown brand), all blue says ATOM MFG CO Attleboro Mass on lip and large blue gibbs. The red head seems to be made of wood with a plastic coating, no identifying markers.

The rest are brand new in perfect condition and no rust. The larger gibbs are around 11 inches including the lip and the smaller ones are around 9 inches including the lip. The larger boxes says GTS-3 3/4 and the smaller ones say GTS-3. I assume 3 and 3 3/4 are the ounces. Colors are herring, blue mack and 'whiting'? I believe these were bought in the 60s - 70s. One of the larger boxes has a $5.95 price tag on it.

Its hard to see in the picture but the blue atom has a swirl pattern and all of the gibbs, except the blue mackeral have a honey-comb scale pattern.

Any info about their histories, age, value, etc would be greatly appreciated. I can take more pics if necessary. Thanks!

The Atom is an Atom 40. Supposedly name for all the 40# it caught in the Cape Cod Canal.

The Red Head and white is a Creek Chub Giant Pikie Model#6000

View PostThanks guys. Anyone know roughly how much they are worth or can point me in the right direction?

I don't collect and I don't want to fish them if they are valuable. I'd like to get a ballpark figure of how much I can expect if I sell them. Thanks.

Not going to price them but depending on condition, size and color between $40 and $100. blue Mac is a good one as are the longer gts 3.75s. Early 70s no decay eye -would be better if they were 60s decay eye. Are the boxes marked for the correct lure? makes a big difference.

You might check out ebay and search sold Gibbs